News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got T-boned in my survivor 69 Charger while doing 55mph today

Started by 70B5Cuda, December 24, 2018, 11:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70B5Cuda

Today was a rough day. I was driving south on a four lane blacktop at 55mph. At the intersection ahead, a truck was on my left and he was signaling to turn right and drive north (opposite direction). As he pulled out, a late model GMC Sierra behind him pulled out at the same time. The 17 year old kid who was driving, decided to gun it across all 4 lanes of traffic. Because of the truck that turned in front of him, he didn't see me and I didn't see him until he has 4-5 feet from my fender. I was doing 55mph and I never even had time to reach for the brake pedal. The Sierra slammed into my front left fender and spun me around. I slid sideways into the ditch. I hit the steering wheel and am bruised/beat up but I walked away, which I am grateful for. The car can be replaced. But I have a wonderful wife and 5 children that need me; so I feel pretty lucky to go home to them today. That being said, the old Charger did well. I was doing 55mph and I don't know how fast the other guy was going but he was hustling.

1968 Roadrunner-6.1L, 6 speed, 3.91 Getrag, IRS
1968 Charger- 6.1L, TR-6060, 9"
1968 Charger in RR1 "Ribeye"
1969 Charger in EW1 "S'more"
1969 Charger Survivor-R6, 383, 727.....WRECKED
1970 Barracuda-6.1L, 6 speed, 4.10 S60

JB400

:violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin:  :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

First and foremost, glad to hear your ok for the most part.  You're still here to enjoy Christmas with your family and friends.  Sorry to see such a great car destroyed.  Hope you're able to get enough to either have it rebuilt or replaced.

birdsandbees

I'm sick to my stomach just looking at the pictures, not a great Christmas Eve. Can't imagine how you feel, but at least you're home with the family. Hope Santa leaves you some car parts..
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

b5blue

Thank god your okay! Sooo sorry for this. (I totaled a Z/28 in similar circumstance due to young knuckle-head.)  :brickwall:

ChargerRT69

Oh my.... I feel for you and glad to hear that you are Ok and can enjoy Christmas with you loved ones! Material items can be replaced, but life & death is forever!

Mike DC

:o

Sorry man.  Glad you're alive!

That car did perform well, all things considered. 

dual fours

1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

Lennard

Glad you're okay.  Sad to see a classic car like that.  :eek2:
I think that if it would happen to me, I'd have a hard time not punching the other driver in the face.

chargervert

Sorry to hear that your survivor Charger was wrecked,but thankfully you are a survivor as well. With the parts that are currently available the Charger can be saved. The car will have to spend some time on a frame machine though. It will not be considered a survivor anymore,but you are!

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

ht4spd307

wow sorry to here that but at least your alive the charger saved your life time now its time for you  to save it

68moparbob

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

taxspeaker

Glad you are ok. That ditch may have saved you. Charger can be replaced.

tan top

yikes , oh no ! sickening sight  :o   sorry to see this !  glad you  made it out !!  , cars can be replaced,  bummer yours was unrestored though, still anything can be repaired fixed restored etc
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

jefferson

Sorry to hear mate
Saw your post this morning on facebook. Devastating but glad you are alive.
If i may ask. Were u insured? Was the kid insured? Is any legal action being taken against the kid whom hit you?. Not sure how the laws work over there hence why asking if any legal action will be involved with the kid.. Reckless driving? I dunno.

Dino

Holy crap that could've gone a whole lot different. I'm glad you're still among us man! I'm very sorry about the car, but if it helps I've fixed worse than that. Time to be with the family now, the car can wait.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Q5XX29

Wow, those photos are tough to see, but the fact that you came away with your life is the only essential thing here.
dakota_gt on Instagram

70B5Cuda

Thank for the well wishes. It's disappointing for sure. But I've got 5 little girls and an amazing wife that need me so I'm still thanking God for safety.

Luckily there were several witnesses so I'm not too worried. I should be covered.

70B5Cuda

I'm lucky the car didn't roll. Hit the left front corner then he banged down the whole left side. The Charger spun and I remember entering the ditch sideways before the front end caught in the dirt and the back end swung around. I'm still amazed it didn't roll.

Mike DC

Good thing he didn't strike you few feet farther down the left side of the car.  He woulda gone right into in the driver's door.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Wow glad you're Ok.  
Good luck & Merry Christmas regardless!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

chargerperson

Sorry to hear about your crash but you're ok even if the car is not ok.

Car looked to be in good shape - sorry to see it get damaged - looked to be pretty solid

68RT440

Sorry to see that, and you're ok. I'd try to save the car as well :2thumbs:
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

kent

Quote from: Q5XX29 on December 25, 2018, 09:48:58 AM
Wow, those photos are tough to see, but the fact that you came away with your life is the only essential thing here.

I agree 100%.  That was a bad wreck.
Kent