News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hot August Nights "pics"

Started by Reidar, August 12, 2005, 05:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reidar

Hi all!

I just came home from a great happening! Our "American Car Club of Norway" has its 30th anniversary Celebration this weekend and we filled the downtown area with nice cars! :) Cruising, conserts and shows all weekend. I took a lot of pictures and are attaching some here. Im going to take more this weekend and post them on a webside later. I will give you all the link when its ready.

I parked my Charger in the middle of the crowd in our town square. And then I thought I should move it a little more forward. Got in, turned the key and.... Nothing happend! I must say I felt a little stupid! Its probaly my starter thats bad. I guess I just has to buy a new one tomorrow.. Just for the record, I got it started after I let it cool down for a while..

Its the starter thats bad, right? Anyone experienced this before?

Reidar

More pics..

Offcourse a lot of other cars, but as you might guess im focusing mostly on the mopars!  ;D

Brock Samson

yeah, it's either the starter cooking. usually from being too close to headers with will burn em out prematurly, or, Vapor lock, also a heat related ailment.. in vapor lock the fuel evaporates in the lines,.. but if it's cranking you know it's fuel starved... If the starter cooks it's just click weakly,..
Mine did both all the time, sometimes both, the starter problem i solved by going with a race or lightweight mini starter wrapped with foil insulation,..
the vapor lock i solved with a new carb and plumming...
i used to have the timing thing down though, 40-43 minutes and it would fire right up... for either problem...
thanks for the pics!  ;D

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Reidar

A couple from saturday and sunday.

Had to change the starter before the show..

Reidar

Nice lineup?  ;D

Sorry about the quality on some of the pics.. Forgot my camera, so I had to use my mobilephone.