News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finally got the grille done

Started by BrugeeRT, April 01, 2019, 07:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrugeeRT

I powder coated the frame and used Eastwood's extreme chrome powder coat on the headlight cups, hood spring, and the headlight actuator bar on the back.   I was on the fence about painting the argent silver on the front of the grille but I decided to go all black other than the trim. Glad I didn't now, I think it looks mean!   Plastiix to repair all the plastic and missing teeth in conjunction with a plastic welder (different post about this). I found the aluminum trim a challenge but knocked the dents out and gave it a good polish.   To finish the aluminum trim, I coated with 2K clear aerosol.  You can get it on Amazon and its a 2 part epoxy aerosol.  There is a button on the bottom of the spray can you press in which breaks a capsule on the inside which releases the activator.  The can is good for about 48hrs after you activate it.  Made by Spray Max.
Mark

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Highbanked Hauler

69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

Back N Black

4cruzin

Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .