News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Aero and Sammy Hagar

Started by hemi68charger, May 02, 2019, 05:15:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Operation: Sammy Hagar.. Got to hook up with the Red Rocker for a video commercial for his big rock-n-roll/car show party in which he wanted classic and exotic cars.. Sooooooooo, guess what !!!??

And waiting now for my bride Kim with our free tickets..  Great guy, the video takes were fun and funny..

Special thanks to Bobby Roberts for hooking me up with Andrew..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Lennard

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

doctor4766

Gotta love a '69

RallyeMike

All the cars seem to be red for seem reason  :shrugs:

Could it be...

I've read it all, it's black and white
The spectrum made a shade I like.
The crimson rays are ruby bright ?
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Q5XX29

That's a really neat opportunity!
dakota_gt on Instagram

hemi68charger

Quote from: RallyeMike on May 02, 2019, 09:10:06 PM

Could it be...

No overthinking of it.. I submitted my car for obvious reasons when I was asked to supply cars for the commercial. Then the red 70 convertible was sitting in my garage. #2.. Then I reached out to a friend with a 63 since he is one of my guitar friends knowing he would really get a kick out of it........... #3....... The McLaren just showed up from another source since Sammy is into exotics......

As it turned out, they all got a kick out of it since Sammy is the "Red-Rocker"....
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

67440chrg

Cool I think Sammy is cool. Your car looks good. Did yall get him to sign any of them?

RallyeMike

QuoteSammy is the "Red-Rocker"....

That was my point. I'm sure all the red wasnt lost on Sammy. If it was a conincidence that they were all red, you live a charmed life!
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Dave Kanofsky

That's awesome!

There's only one way to rock!  (In a Daytona that is)
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

4cruzin

That's awesome!  Kind of surprised Sammy wasn't wearing RED?   :shruggy:   Very cool!  Sammy still going ..
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

held1823

Quote from: hemi68charger on May 03, 2019, 08:14:06 AM

Could it be...

No overthinking of it.. I submitted my car for obvious reasons when I was asked to supply cars for the commercial. Then the red 70 convertible was sitting in my garage. #2.. Then I reached out to a friend with a 63 since he is one of my guitar friends knowing he would really get a kick out of it........... #3....... The McLaren just showed up from another source since Sammy is into exotics......

As it turned out, they all got a kick out of it since Sammy is the "Red-Rocker"....

or..... you're the over thinker, and don't recognize the lyrics to a sammy hagar song
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

hemi68charger

Quote from: held1823 on May 10, 2019, 05:28:29 PM

Could it be...

or..... you're the over thinker, and don't recognize the lyrics to a sammy hagar song

Could very well be..  Don't know everyone of his songs and of those I can identify, probably don't know all the words..
Troy

Todd Wilson

Very cool!!!!!!!!!! Glad you had fun!!!!!!!!

Todd

Mike DC

:2thumbs:

held1823

Quote from: hemi68charger on May 11, 2019, 07:58:45 AM
Quote from: held1823 on May 10, 2019, 05:28:29 PM

Could it be...

Could very well be..  Don't know everyone of his songs and of those I can identify, probably don't know all the words..

not could be....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqsLPW7Xi-w
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Back N Black

alfaitalia

To be honest....as much as I like Rock and Metal music....id never really heard of Sammy Hagar apart from knowing he did about a year as the lead singer of Van Halen in the mid 90s somewhere....I guess he never really made it this side of the Atlantic so I googled him. Quite like what I heard....downloaded some.......more music to listen to in the garage!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

held1823

Quote from: alfaitalia on May 12, 2019, 07:31:04 AM
To be honest....as much as I like Rock and Metal music....id never really heard of Sammy Hagar apart from knowing he did about a year as the lead singer of Van Halen in the mid 90s somewhere....I guess he never really made it this side of the Atlantic so I googled him. Quite like what I heard....downloaded some.......more music to listen to in the garage!

the entire standing hampton album is top notch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZqC1z871nw&list=PLgCUBdOh2gfx8Pfd1dIfQkhf8AgLFB9nu

three lock box was a fantastic follow-up album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oor0lHBV1rU&list=PLgCUBdOh2gfwkywLP6iFUVML6MOd_fNVZ

VOA completed hagar's early 1980's trifecta of killer music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDuSc0J28ns&list=PLgCUBdOh2gfzjpFozH_Y5Ae89yfqI13_M

saw him twice as a solo act and once with van halen. the man never failed to exceed expectations
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

hemi68charger

Commercial hit the air.. 👍  pretty cool if I say so. 

https://youtu.be/dIHJPdrKsjc
Troy