News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Parking Brake release handle problem...

Started by limey, May 12, 2006, 08:52:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

limey

Hi...discovered my PB release handle was only held in place with a cable tie today when I clumsily snapped the tie and almost pullled it off its linkage (I am a clumsy 6'8" 275lb fool... :P)
Anyway...the spring seems to be at the wrong side of the bracket, and upon inspection I guess a well placed washer will hold the spring behind the bracket and solve the problem...I was wondering, could anyone post a pic of an intact 1968 parking brake handle mounting bracket and spring? Just so I can check if there is anything else wrong or missing before I do this job.
Cheers,
Limey (Nick)
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. -- Albert Einstein

mikepmcs

does this help at all? it ain't the right year or the right car but it is dodge 72-79.
i'm not at home so i can't look at mine but maybe this looks the same.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NOS-Mopar-Dodge-Truck-Parking-Brake-Pedal-Assy-72-79_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34199QQitemZ4638181033QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

limey

sure looks similar...yeah my spring is in front of the bracket not behind it, so the pull handle flaps around uselessly unless I manually push it back before I engage the brake. The previous owner never used the Park Brake........he used to hold it on the transmission brake. But..I live on a hill...... ;D
Limey
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. -- Albert Einstein

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

mikepmcs

You da man!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:
I googled the crap out of everything i could think of.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Dodge Don

The handle is held on with a tiny roll pin. I got a new handle from Totally Auto and the new roll pin was included.