News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tutorial for how to remove the rear wing from a Superbird

Started by RammJaeger, May 12, 2019, 08:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RammJaeger

This weekend I removed the rear wing from my 1970 Superbird so I could get it on the top level of my two car lift and raise it up high enough to work under it or get other cars below it. I decided to film it in case it was helpful to anyone else here if they have to do this in the future. Thanks to forum member Daytona R/T SE for the tips on how to get it off.

https://youtu.be/HbgOq2OvUyA

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

RammJaeger

Quote from: XS29L9B2 on May 14, 2019, 01:29:01 PM
Nice tuto

Thanks. Wasn't super hard to do, but there isn't a lot of info out there for how to work on the Superbird/Daytona specifics of this car. I didn't want to mess anything up. I figured it might help someone else down the road. Plus it was funny seeing me pulling on that wing forever :)

Mytur Binsdirti

Nice informative video. I'm sure others here besides me are thrilled with this new knowledge. While you're in the trunk area, could you please make up a video on how to remove the trunk lock? That one's got me stumped.

:2thumbs:

62 Max

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on May 16, 2019, 07:13:43 AM
Nice informative video. I'm sure others here besides me are thrilled with this new knowledge. While you're in the trunk area, could you please make up a video on how to remove the trunk lock? That one's got me stumped.

:2thumbs:

You're kidding,right ??  :yesnod:

Y1CHARGER

Quote from: RammJaeger on May 14, 2019, 04:41:20 PM
Nice tuto

Thanks. Wasn't super hard to do, but there isn't a lot of info out there for how to work on the Superbird/Daytona specifics of this car. I didn't want to mess anything up. I figured it might help someone else down the road. Plus it was funny seeing me pulling on that wing forever :)
You're my hero, maybe you could make a video on how to change a tire next, I hear there are 5 nuts but not sure where to go from there???  seeing that you're cocky enough to say "There is one great thing about being an adult who can afford a Superbird, you don't have to listen to people's opinions, and can do whatever you want with your own car."

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Y1CHARGER on May 16, 2019, 08:17:59 PM

You're my hero, maybe you could make a video on how to change a tire next, I hear there are 5 nuts but not sure where to go from there???  

That's easy; lefty loosy, righty tighty on the right & righty loosy, lefty tighty on the left. Or is it the other way around?  :shruggy:

This is so confusing.  :eek2:

chargervert

Quote from: RammJaeger on May 14, 2019, 04:41:20 PM
"There is one great thing about being an adult who can afford a Superbird, you don't have to listen to people's opinions, and can do whatever you want with your own car."

When I pull up next to your Superbird, and ask if you have any Grey Pupon,you damn well better have some with that attitude!

Stevetona

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on May 17, 2019, 06:11:26 AM

You're my hero, maybe you could make a video on how to change a tire next, I hear there are 5 nuts but not sure where to go from there???  

That's easy; lefty loosy, righty tighty on the right & righty loosy, lefty tighty on the left. Or is it the other way around?  :shruggy:

This is so confusing.  :eek2:

Wish you told that to the guy who snapped off my drivers side lug!