News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pulling and rebuilding my Original 383 Engine

Started by yellocharge68, May 12, 2006, 04:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellocharge68

I amseriously considering pulling the engine out and doing a complete rebuild. I had the 727 rebuilt a few years ago at a reputable transmission place and he did me right. The biggest question is doe anyone her know of somebody in the Dallas Metroplex who does thgis kind of work or is it best to just tear it down and do it yourself and save the bucks?  I welcome any ideas, thoughts or reccomendations. I am not planning on having any boring or porting done unless I see some major imperfections. Best I can tell the engine only has about 95,000 miles on it....Once again gentlemnan and fellow charger afficionados Thanks!!!  especially Chryco, Troy and several others!!!!! :yesnod: :rotz: ???
Sunfire Yellow 1968 Dodge Charger 383/727 auto-console

Chryco Psycho

the biggest key is to find a good machine shop with good knowledge on Mopar engines
often potential problems can be found in the teardown
You will need to bore the engine at 90,000 miles & use new forged pistons , I use the Speed Pro mostly for stock & mild performance rebuilds