News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Christine's Daytona y otro cosas. Everyone is Welcome Here in This "Sandbox"

Started by 426HemiChick, June 02, 2019, 12:16:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mytur Binsdirti

chargervert

Wing cars are probably the most documented cars of all the Mopars built. Clubs like the Winged Warriors,and the Daytona Superbird Auto Club have been keeping records of the cars and their owners since the seventies. They have shipping lists with the VIN numbers and the dealerships that sold the cars new. They have names of the last known owners too. That is probably where Chets name came from.

Alaskan_TA

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on June 08, 2019, 02:21:42 PM
I'll be man enough to delete my posts,eat crow and apologize.

You have over 5,000 posts so please get started with that as soon as possible?

tan top

Quote from: 426HemiChick on June 08, 2019, 12:05:11 AM
Quote from: Y1CHARGER on June 07, 2019, 09:19:14 PM
Another thing that seems odd is that an owner of a high end HEMI Daytona that could be worth close to a million dollars is hesitant to obtain the original broadcast sheet.  Any other member here would be jumping all over that even if it were just a plain old Charger.  Wierd  :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

Hi Y1CHARGER,                             07 June 2019

Did you ever consider that we follow our own path in life, and try to do things that help folks less fortunate than we are. When the day comes that we decide to part with our cars the money we receive for them will be used for good causes.

Without further ado you will see a sample of what this site will miss; hasta luego

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

:o wow , awesome ! thanks for sharing the pictures ! sure would love to see more sometime  :cheers: :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

6bblgt

Quote from: Moparpoolman on June 05, 2019, 07:13:06 PM
Quote from: 6bblgt on June 05, 2019, 02:21:51 PM
here is "maybe" your Christmas present for the day  :shruggy:

there are only 40 HEMI Daytonas, it looks to be an even split - 20 automatics & 20 4-speeds (this includes the 5 that went to Canada)

there have been rumors for years of an long-time owner/survivor type orange HEMI Daytona in Texas - now "WE" know more of the story!  :2thumbs:
Where did you get 40 from?  The GG book shows 70 Hemi Daytonas, 48 auto,  22 4spd and 5 Canadian cars which I'm not sure if that is included in the 70.

since this is probably the most watched thread currently on DodgeCharger .......

when the masses are used to bad old information, it is hard to offer new information & get the same masses to accept
GG's "white book", July 2001 is the newest version I have, it lists:

503 US spec. Daytonas
+49 Canada spec. Daytonas
552 total Daytonas ***** NOT CORRECT

70 US spec. HEMI Daytonas
+5 Canada spec. HEMI Daytonas
75 total HEMI Daytonas ***** NOT CORRECT

A) a number of people have copies of the Daytona "ship list" (myself NOT included) anyone want to share?
this human created, hand written document has ERRORS, once you weed through its issues:

there are 499 unique XX29 Daytona VINs and the XS29 Charger R/T converted car "AKA the Dale Reeker Daytona" for total of 500 (Canada spec. cars included)

AFAIK there are NO known documented Daytonas not listed on the "ship list"

B) a number of people have copies of the Daytona "ship list" (myself NOT included) anyone want to share?
this human created, hand written document has ERRORS, once you weed through its issues:

there are 40 unique XX29J9 HEMI Daytona VINs (Canada spec. cars included)

AFAIK there are NO known documented HEMI Daytonas not listed on the "ship list"

C) prior to this thread, I had a piece of info (transmission/color/etc.) additional to the "ship list" info on 36 of the 40 HEMI Daytonas, that number has now been increased by 1  :2thumbs:

***** 16 w/4-speed & 21 w/automatic *****

BeatersRus

Quote from: 426HemiChick on June 08, 2019, 02:09:18 PM
Quote from: BeatersRus on June 08, 2019, 01:10:09 PM
first,as i see you ignored it,id like to thank you for posting the pics.

as far as your rant there,its cool,i think weve all seen the venom on your side. :flame:
its also revealing how you focused on that 1 post,
instead of anything else ive said to you that was helpful,or to let you know what was going on. :shruggy:

btw,that filthy taliban,is actually a well known member,and his majority postings are most always of a joking nature.
apparently you are sensitive to online forums,which is confusing when i see you keep saying you have a thick skin.
yet you chose to go off about it?

also,i have to echo odics here...
the daytona vin you provided was sold to a chet headley in 1972 and then it popped up again in 2008?
is that the gentleman you purchased the car from?

Hi BeatersRus,                             08 June 2019

I don't care about crap that is only directed at me. I care and care a lot if it even remotely affects my Girlfriend/SO. His "funny shit" isn't funny; it's hurtful and when it affects Her then I get pissed. I'm dead serious, he had better never cross my path. He may be a respected member here, which doesn't say much for the members that respect him.

The world has changed, you just don't go around insulting people just because you think something's funny. People have feelings; you may not agree with how they choose to live their lives, but that doesn't give you the right to insult them.

I do not remember the name of the person we bought the car from. That happened long ago. He lived close to or on Ohio Route 3 in a rural area. He lived in a doublewide on a slope. That's the best that I can come up with.

We have a lot to do so this is the last post for awhile.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

ahh,well see,its all good we can actually have a discussion.
again,i would Hope that you and your gf understand that the forums Just came off of a wave of fakes with the moparlady handle.
this is Directly what affected most peoples perception of your thread,started with no pics.
i have went back and erased any carppy post copies on your topic that you mentioned.
hopefully,we can get past that initial point and move forwards.

the reason i asked,as well as others,is the vin you provided was registered to a chet headley.
he bought the car in 1972,and officially put its vin into the registry in the year 2008.
im sure you can understand the confusion,which is why we asked.

please continue to share your cars with us,and esp the stories.
as i mentioned earlier,Greg of akron was Famous,and ive seen quite a few of his work/cars,and owned 2 and passed on 1 that i should have bought.
stories like this are what i consider mopar History,and ty again for sharing it.

in closing,to the alaska ta person.
i find it strange that you demand someone be banned when that person actually has mopars,
helps out the community,provides all sorts of tech info,and is a general overall positive guy.
sure,he may make fun of you or me,but i can laugh at it,because i know hes just playing.
i would Hope that you would rethink your policies,as i find it Disturbing that certain of your members are nothing more than post erm....hoarders,
and their major contributions are to the word game and memes~

when a person has 25 thousand,yes Thousand posts,and no car to be seen...
how is that person even Considered a mopar person or a Help to the forum or its members?
sure is baffling to me....but,i guess post counts....matter? more than being a Real Mopar guy/or/girl?

odcics2

Quote from: 426HemiChick on June 08, 2019, 01:08:58 PM
Quote from: odcics2 on June 08, 2019, 12:49:12 PM
Do you know a guy named Chet Headley?  

Hi Odecs,                            08 June 2019

We haven't heard of anyone by that name until you mentioned it, so we checked the SSDI. It indicates he passed away in 2006.

Is this someone we should know? If there's a connection PM us. We have been in and lived in many countries and States. We've met many people and have many friends scattered throughout the world. At our advanced age of 39, our memory's are not what they were when we were more youthful.

Thanks for the post. If we can be of any help, let us know.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

Just for clarity:

I received an email to clarify the gentleman's middle name.

"You could amend your post to clarify you weren't talking about Chester Gloveski Headly who died in 2006, but Chester Joseph Headly, who is still alive."

A Daytona with the same VIN as you have posted was registered in 2008 by Chet Headley. At that time he said he bought the car in 1972.  
So, as you can see, that raises questions...  Are you related to him??

Thanks.

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

hemi68charger

HemiChick...

I'll trade ya Daytona for Daytona....  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

held1823

Quote from: 426HemiChick on June 08, 2019, 12:44:14 PM

That said I owe no one else here an apology. I did apologize to Held quite openly; I still don't think he gets it. Maybe it's a language barrier; I try to write so even those that aren't the brightest bulbs on the Christmas tree can understand. Was I ever wrong.

are you serious? For starters, i wasn't looking for an apology.  I was the very first one to say this car, whether it is actually yours or not, should be a thread all its own.

I totally get it.  I get that some see you post photos and take it as gospel they are indeed yours, and "prove" this entire story to be true.

I totally get that the entire story is also contradicted by records of this exact car being owned by a male, which you take extreme measure to point out you are not.

i totally get that you dig your girlfriend. i don't blame you. hell,  i like girls, too.

i totally get that this topic has drawn in three brand new members, which all by itself makes me all the more skeptical.

i totally get that i'm an asshole, and actually pride myself on speaking my mind. to hell with hurt feelings, political correctness, and tact.

i totally get that i am often wrong, and may be wrong now, but whatever is being sold here, i still ain't buying any.  

I'm damn sure glad this shit show is no longer trashing an unrelated thread about a totally different daytona, a thread which was attributed to being "mine" solely by having been started by me.

I'm not the brightest bulb but have a decent command of the language, and cordially ask that you FO
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

birdsandbees

Quote from: odcics2 on June 08, 2019, 04:58:45 PM

Hi Odecs,                            08 June 2019

We haven't heard of anyone by that name until you mentioned it, so we checked the SSDI. It indicates he passed away in 2006.

Is this someone we should know? If there's a connection PM us. We have been in and lived in many countries and States. We've met many people and have many friends scattered throughout the world. At our advanced age of 39, our memory's are not what they were when we were more youthful.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

Just for clarity:

"You could amend your post to clarify you weren't talking about Chester Gloveski Headly who died in 2006, but Chester Joseph Headly, who is still alive."

A Daytona with the same VIN as you have posted was registered in 2008 by Chet Headley. At that time he said he bought the car in 1972.  
So, as you can see, that raises questions...  Are you related to him??

Thanks.

:coolgleamA:

I'm still getting past the visual of a 65 to 70+ year old lady pissing into the wind ! Someone get me a beer....
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

426HemiChick

Quote from: odcics2 on June 08, 2019, 04:58:45 PM

Hi Odecs,                            08 June 2019

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

Just for clarity:

So, as you can see, that raises questions...  Are you related to him??

Thanks.

Hi Odcics2,                                08 June 2018

I have to think you should have been a cop; you're pretty darn good at research. OK I fess up, I am Christine Jessica, formerly Chet Headley. I am transgender Male to Female and have transitioned. I have always loved women and have always wanted to be, first a girl when I was young and a woman when I became an adult.

Over a year ago I decided it was time to stop living as someone I didn't want to be, so I began my transition. Now that I am a woman, I still love women. I love my Girlfriend with all my heart and soul. Everything I have told you about her is the gospel truth. I am out here in Texas; almost everyone that knows me knows that I have transitioned to Female.

So there you have it. I wasn't certain how the members would react to my being Transgender. As you are well aware a certain individual did cause some problems. Had I outed myself at the beginning, who knows what the reaction would have been. It'll be interesting to see what the reaction will be now that I have outed myself here.

I have had no real problems here in Texas. Two former friends dumped me, one of which has a gay daughter; go figure. Those two ex friends just opened up space for two new friends.

One poster on here said he is a lesbian trapped in a man's body. Maybe he was joking but that's how I felt.

So currently I go by Christine Jessica Headley of Southlake, Texas, my legal residence. My Home, where my Heart is, is in Phoenix, Arizona.

I hope this clarifies my deception and the reason for it.

Best Always,

Christine, the Least Important half of the 426HemiChicks.

PS:

The Chet Headley that passed away in 2006 was my father; he was 4 days shy of 95.
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

birdsandbees

Well looks like I had Pissing into the wind correct.. .any other BS you wanna clear up. Still some great cars, if we can still believe this story.

QuoteWe haven't heard of anyone by that name until you mentioned it, so we checked the SSDI. It indicates he passed away in 2006.
This kind of deception is pretty hard to get anyone back on board..
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

6bblgt

a few more cars in this train-wreck and we might have just enough drama for our own reality TV show - we'll all be millionaires & be able to put our projects back on the road or track

a single thread participation of a new member usually doesn't allow other members to get that warm-fuzzy-camaraderie feeling from other like minded individuals with common interests

the interjection of race, gender, sex, religion, politics on a car site usually ends up in the gutter (should I add half-truths and "name calling"? maybe who did what first?)

maybe "odcics2" question should've been, who is C J Headley? in the scope of this website it shouldn't matter, but the OP opened that door  :shruggy:

edit: ***** "treed" by the OP *****

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: 426HemiChick on June 08, 2019, 06:04:55 PM
OK I fess up, I am Christine Jessica, formerly Chet Headley. I am transgender Male to Female and have transitioned.

It'll be interesting to see what the reaction will be now that I have outed myself here.

426HemiChick

Quote from: 6bblgt on June 08, 2019, 06:10:31 PM
a few more cars in this train-wreck and we might have just enough drama for our own reality TV show - we'll all be millionaires & be able to put our projects back on the road or track

a single thread participation of a new member usually doesn't allow other members to get that warm-fuzzy-camaraderie feeling from other like minded individuals with common interests

the interjection of race, gender, sex, religion, politics on a car site usually ends up in the gutter (should I add half-truths and "name calling"? maybe who did what first?)

maybe "odcics" question should've been, who is C J Headley? in the scope of this website it shouldn't matter, but the OP opened that door  :shruggy:

Hi 6bblgt,                      08 June 2019

You're one heck of a detective. The reality is I'm all over the internet. The top photo is not me; he's too handsome.

That is me in my Kojak days. and the second photo was taken while I was a contract engineer for the US Navy on one of their black programs. It wasn't long after I left Japan 22 June 1972 that we bought the Daytona. The odd part of that story is that the Daytona was listed in the Motorcycle section of the Akron Beacon Journal A buddy of mine, who passed away 2 years ago found the ad while waiting for me to finish showering. We called, car wasn't sold so we hightailed it to whatever town he lived in close to Ohio RT 3.

Took the car for a test drive, it ran like shit. When we got back to his house I opened the hood and immediately saw the problem. Made him an offer, which he gladly accepted. Headed home, was promptly stopped by an Ohio State Trooper; he wanted to see the car. Continued on home, opened the hood and ripped out the Accel ignition system and replaced it with what you see in the engine photo. It has the Prestolite tach drive, mechanical advance distributer. Did a little tuning and she ran like she looked. Had her up to 140 on I-75 in the Michigan UP. Guess we did get a pretty good deal.

In 1975 I put her away and left spinning wrenches; went back to engineering. Not that I loved it, I just made more money doing it. Always looked at myself as a sort of a Prostitute; I'd take any engineering job as long as it paid more than the one I currently had.

OK folks, sorry for the deception; now that I'm out here, you can say what you want about me. My Girlfriend/SO is off limits.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

chargervert

The wingcar detectives have certainly taken things to a whole new level! But all that aside,thanks for sharing,and preserving the cars. I have seen a lot of B.S. stories on the net,but something told me from the get go that this one was legit. It would sure be cool to see these cars run again. Not many people had the forsight to buy the right cars and preserve them for almost fifty years.

Moparpoolman

Quote from: 6bblgt on June 08, 2019, 03:55:31 PM
Quote from: Moparpoolman on June 05, 2019, 07:13:06 PM
Quote from: 6bblgt on June 05, 2019, 02:21:51 PM
here is "maybe" your Christmas present for the day  :shruggy:

there are only 40 HEMI Daytonas, it looks to be an even split - 20 automatics & 20 4-speeds (this includes the 5 that went to Canada)

there have been rumors for years of an long-time owner/survivor type orange HEMI Daytona in Texas - now "WE" know more of the story!  :2thumbs:
Where did you get 40 from?  The GG book shows 70 Hemi Daytonas, 48 auto,  22 4spd and 5 Canadian cars which I'm not sure if that is included in the 70.

since this is probably the most watched thread currently on DodgeCharger .......

when the masses are used to bad old information, it is hard to offer new information & get the same masses to accept
GG's "white book", July 2001 is the newest version I have, it lists:

503 US spec. Daytonas
+49 Canada spec. Daytonas
552 total Daytonas ***** NOT CORRECT

70 US spec. HEMI Daytonas
+5 Canada spec. HEMI Daytonas
75 total HEMI Daytonas ***** NOT CORRECT

A) a number of people have copies of the Daytona "ship list" (myself NOT included) anyone want to share?

there are 499 unique XX29 Daytona VINs and the XS29 Charger R/T converted car "AKA the Dale Reeker Daytona" for total of 500 (Canada spec. cars included)

AFAIK there are NO known documented Daytonas not listed on the "ship list"

B) a number of people have copies of the Daytona "ship list" (myself NOT included) anyone want to share?

there are 40 unique XX29J9 HEMI Daytona VINs (Canada spec. cars included)

AFAIK there are NO known documented HEMI Daytonas not listed on the "ship list"

C) prior to this thread, I had a piece of info (transmission/color/etc.) additional to the "ship list" info on 36 of the 40 HEMI Daytonas, that number has now been increased by 1  :2thumbs:

***** 16 w/4-speed & 21 w/automatic *****

6bblgt, Here is a list of Hemi Daytona VINs collected from a pretty reliable source that count to 51 which debunk the 40 car theory, sorry. If errors, please point out, Thanks
XX   29   J   9   B   256523   
XX   29   J   9   B   279727   
XX   29   J   9   B   355151   
XX   29   J   9   B   356523   
XX   29   J   9   B   356525   
XX   29   J   9   B   358397   
XX   29   J   9   B   360711   
XX   29   J   9   B   360719   
XX   29   J   9   B   379726   
XX   29   J   9   B   379727   
XX   29   J   9   B   379731   
XX   29   J   9   B   379736   
XX   29   J   9   B   379743   
XX   29   J   9   B   381522   
XX   29   J   9   B   381530   
XX   29   J   9   B   381532   
XX   29   J   9   B   381534   
XX   29   J   9   B   381538   
XX   29   J   9   B   381552   
XX   29   J   9   B   381930   
XX   29   J   9   B   383268   
XX   29   J   9   B   383276   
XX   29   J   9   B   386551   
XX   29   J   9   B   386560   
XX   29   J   9   B   386573   
XX   29   J   9   B   400608   
XX   29   J   9   B   400610   
XX   29   J   9   B   402970   
XX   29   J   9   B   402974   
XX   29   J   9   B   404040   
XX   29   J   9   B   405169   
XX   29   J   9   B   405186   
XX   29   J   9   B   405189   
XX   29   J   9   B   409036   
XX   29   J   9   B   409040   
XX   29   J   9   B   409066   
XX   29   J   9   B   409075   
XX   29   J   9   B   409076   
XX   29   J   9   B   409079   
XX   29   J   9   B   409097   
XX   29   J   9   B   410761   
XX   29   J   9   B   410771   
XX   29   J   9   B   412546   
XX   29   J   9   B   412548   
XX   29   J   9   B   414622   
XX   29   J   9   B   414638   
XX   29   J   9   B   414639   
XX   29   J   9   B   414659   
XX   29   J   9   B   414660   
XX   29   J   9   B   419443   
XX   29   J   9   B   423238   

Aero426

Ad that would seem to be for the car in the Akron Beacon Journal on July 1, 1972.

426HemiChick

Quote from: Aero426 on June 08, 2019, 09:14:39 PM
Ad that would seem to be for the car in the Akron Beacon Journal on July 1, 1972.

Hi Aero426,                            08 June 2019

That is incredible. My Girlfriend/SO and I were sitting here discussing this very subject. I never saw the ad, my buddy gave me the number and I called it. Is that ad from the motorcycle section? You folks should go into Law Enforcement. You are good.

Thanks to all of you for helping to put the puzzle together.

Best Always, God Bless You All,

426 Hemi Chicks

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

BeatersRus

Quote from: birdsandbees on June 08, 2019, 06:08:14 PM
Well looks like I had Pissing into the wind correct.. .any other BS you wanna clear up. Still some great cars, if we can still believe this story.

QuoteWe haven't heard of anyone by that name until you mentioned it, so we checked the SSDI. It indicates he passed away in 2006.
This kind of deception is pretty hard to get anyone back on board..

theres a few things that still dont make sense.
right off the bat,the i dont know anything about daytonas and then a short while later,ill tell you how i spotted a phony daytona...
the ssp mustang,with 8 miles thats been stored..in a different location.
yet,i just looked at a pic of it in her driveway...in front of the dark blue crown vic/dated 2007.
and it certainly does not look like an 8 mile survivor.
the not knowing who chet was...and then yeah hes my dad.
and the garage doors....look at the pics...think about whats been said about them doors.

im going to come right out and ask this question @ hemichicks
do you really own these cars or are they owned by someone else?
because a lot of what you have said to us has ended up contradicting itself.
hope you understand why we are asking,and dont get all freaked out again.

and this guy here,he might be the most honest guy ive seen yet.
are real men assholes? yes of course..and they can also be the nicest guys in the world too.
its all in how you treat them,or how much bs you try to feed them.

Quoteare you serious? For starters, i wasn't looking for an apology.  I was the very first one to say this car, whether it is actually yours or not, should be a thread all its own.

I totally get it.  I get that some see you post photos and take it as gospel they are indeed yours, and "prove" this entire story to be true.

I totally get that the entire story is also contradicted by records of this exact car being owned by a male, which you take extreme measure to point out you are not.

i totally get that you dig your girlfriend. i don't blame you. hell,  i like girls, too.

i totally get that this topic has drawn in three brand new members, which all by itself makes me all the more skeptical.

i totally get that i'm an asshole, and actually pride myself on speaking my mind. to hell with hurt feelings, political correctness, and tact.

i totally get that i am often wrong, and may be wrong now, but whatever is being sold here, i still ain't buying any. 

ironbuilt

I'm here and I brought POPCORN!!!

426HemiChick

Quote from: chargervert on June 08, 2019, 07:06:05 PM
The wingcar detectives have certainly taken things to a whole new level! But all that aside,thanks for sharing,and preserving the cars. I have seen a lot of B.S. stories on the net,but something told me from the get go that this one was legit. It would sure be cool to see these cars run again. Not many people had the forsight to buy the right cars and preserve them for almost fifty years.

Hi Chargervert,                           08 June 2019

"Not many people had the forsight..."

My SO said to fess up on this as well; It wasn't foresight, it was "Dumb Luck."

Had it been foresight, I'd still have the Hemi Cuda. Unfortunately, it was totaled by the young man I sold it to. Somewhere, I have the last registration. As soon as I find it I'll post it to see if you detectives can find out where it ended up.

While we're fessing up here I'll, give you a bit more info on me. I'll be 79 in a few weeks. Hard for me to wrap my mind around that number. It seems like yesterday I walked into Westside Plymouth looking for a car; I was 27 at that time. My buddy asked the salesman if he had any GTX's. He answered "No" to which my buddy responded: Do you have any Hemi cars, to which he responded "one." I knew at that instant I would own that car, which came to pass that day.

There was a time I tried to sell all the cars. Not a single nibble. I considered pulling the motors and trannies and junking the bodies. That never happened, thank God.

Once I arrived here we settled in and the cars became a fixture. 40 years later they are worth a few bucks. Over the years collectors have come and I have sent them gone. As I said previously, there's a certain satisfaction in just having them. As long as we own the Daytona, it will never be driven on the highway again.

Thanks for all your efforts in documenting our Daytona; we really do appreciate your efforts.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

ae8i

Quote from: 426HemiChick on June 08, 2019, 10:49:57 PM

While we're fessing up here I'll, give you a bit more info on me. I'll be 79 in a few weeks.

By any chance, on August 5?

In any event, there appears to be a Jack Leo Teubner, age 73, that still lives in Medina, Ohio. At least two addresses and one phone number are easily found via Google. If you are at all curious, perhaps you might consider contacting him to see if he is the gentleman that sold you the car, and if so, maybe he can flesh out more of the details of its early life.

ironbuilt

How about making it easy, just post a few selfies of you and the cars. That would answer all questions.