News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Christine's Daytona y otro cosas. Everyone is Welcome Here in This "Sandbox"

Started by 426HemiChick, June 02, 2019, 12:16:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                             24 July 2019

Here's a link that should make every wing car owner realize we are sitting on veritable Gold Mines.

This link was supplied by my M.S.P. just a few minutes ago. What it indicates is that any genuine Wing Car is worth at least $600,000.00 on upwards. We are thinking of putting ours up "For Sale" at the measly price of $7,000,000.00; as my M.S.P. said, our Wing Cars will fit almost anyone.

Take a look at this link and see if you agree:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/rare-1972-nike-olympic-running-shoes-set-record-for-more-than-437000

The link proves to us that some folks have more money than brains. Now the question is: How can I have more money than brains? Oh, wait, I have $2.00 in my wallet; I already qualify.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

odcics2

Those shoes were one pair of 12 ever produced.
Too bad they made more than 12 wing cars!   

Besides, shoes are easier to store!   :smilielol:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

426HemiChick

Quote from: odcics2 on July 25, 2019, 06:59:06 AM
Those shoes were one pair of 12 ever produced.
Too bad they made more than 12 wing cars!   

Besides, shoes are easier to store!   :smilielol:

Hi odcics2,                               25 July 2019

You do have a point there; our 2 car garage would still have three cars in it, so we'd be worse off than today, we wouldn't have the Daytona.

Then again, maybe we'd still have the Hemi Cuda 4-spd. Don't know which would be the better; the Cuda would take up less space than the CD.

As for the shoes, used shoes usually stink.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

BeatersRus

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: BeatersRus on July 25, 2019, 08:47:11 PM
any progress on the cars themselves??

Of course not. Has there been any progress since this thread started...or over the last 45+ years of ownership? It's plain to see that this elderly person is more interested in telling the world about his/her new found feminism while using the cars as bait to gain attention to him/herself here.

mopar4ya

Christine,is there a email I could contact you at?. Pm me if you would. Thanks!

kiwigtx

Quote from: mopar4ya on July 26, 2019, 12:42:06 PM
Christine,is there a email I could contact you at?. Pm me if you would. Thanks!

Have you tried searching on "Grinder" ?

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                    26 July 2019

We went out to Wally World and bought 12 pair of sneakers and have squirreled them away so they can become worth a bundle in 50 years.

Yes there has been progress on the cars. We don't live in a vacuum. There are many time consuming office visits I have to make, like Doctors. I'm 79 Y.O., my life no longer revolves around what I want to do, it revolves around what I need to do to stay on the green side of the lawn.

We did work on the Mustang that belongs to my M.S.P., the 1987 Mustang Notchback Police Car with 000003.1 miles on it's clock. The stang survives today even though the dealer we bought it from doesn't.

Took some photos of it and have posted them here for your pleasure.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

PS: Photo files Fixed and are posted. The Speedo is not broken; the Stang is exactly as it was delivered in 1987 with the exception of a few blems picked up along the way.

The Odometer's ain't dreams, they are real.

We all owe my M.S.P. a Hearty Thank You, and I'll lead off with: Thank You Dear for All You Do and Have Done for Me and Many Others.

birdsandbees

Yep.. keep the "dream" alive. How long has that speedo been broken.. and I'm taking about the cars!  :icon_smile_big:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

BeatersRus

im having a hard time digesting the amount of time that has passed so far in this..storyline.
im positive that many reg members here have pmed you and offered help to get the cars out And your door replaced.
have you not accepted their help for a specific reason?

and now its pics of a rustang cop car.....?

looks at rc....looks at rustang...looks back at rc. :brickwall:

426HemiChick

Quote from: BeatersRus on July 26, 2019, 11:32:42 PM
im having a hard time digesting the amount of time that has passed so far in this..storyline.
im positive that many reg members here have pmed you and offered help to get the cars out And your door replaced.
have you not accepted their help for a specific reason?

and now its pics of a rustang cop car.....?

looks at rc....looks at rustang...looks back at rc. :brickwall:

Hi Rus,                            26 July 2019

We have more to do than what a young whiper-snapper like you has to do. My M.S.P. has a large business to keep running plus the volunteer work she does gratis. When you get another 20 years behind you I hope we are around so we can hear how long it takes you to change a tire.

We assume (we know the joke) most folks here work on one car at a time. Our plans are to shift our operation to Phoenix, which has been a consideration for almost a year. In October of last year we decided it would be a better place than here in this part of Texas. It's too crowded here; too many eastern and western nut cases have moved here to get away from their living conditions and have brought their gimmie, gimmie, gimmie attitudes to this area and are ruining this place for those of us that have worked our cans off trying to get ahead.

We hope to have our relocation completed before yearend. We've had collectors wanting to see the cars so we started poking around the garage to see just what condition the cars are in. We also started looking around the net for info on what it takes to get these cars ready to roll. Surprisingly, they are in pretty good shape considering they've been sitting in one spot for 40 Years. The Mustang is the exception as she has only been here 32 years.

We don't much care for folks trying to rush us to get more photos and the garage door replaced. All in good time; our time and no one else's unless they offer to buy everything we have in the way of Mopar Daytona parts and a truck load of Mustang and Crown Vic stuff.

Take care young man and don't have a coronary over what, how, when, where, we do whatever it is we do or don't do. Everything we have will be heading to Arizona ASAP. If someone comes along and offers to buy some or all of it for the right price then we'd take their offer into consideration, the same as most on this site would do under the same circumstances. Thirteen years ago we turned down $1,000,000.00 for the lot. I was 66 at the time, 13 years younger than I am now. I'm sure you are well aware a member here in the DFW area has his Daytona up for sale. I hope his sale goes well and that he gets the windfall of cash he deserves.

One piece of advice is use wire transfer from the buyer's bank account to your bank account. All the check stuff is crap. Take care young man.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

BeatersRus

actually,i run my own business,and i am known as,"that guy who makes sh*t happen"
in other words,people know they can Count on me to get the job Done.
theres a lot of lazy people in the world....i would appreciate you not trying to label myself as one of them.

also...you completely avoided the question...
about the Regs HERE on this site youve joined,who we Know have pmed you offering Real true Help.
are you going to answer that,....
or just label Them as collectors out to steal your pot of gold ?

and you keep whinging about us asking for pics...which i find odd.
any person in their right mind would want to take pics Thruout the whole process of extrication of the cars,
yet you are posting up pics of parts for sale and rustangs.

dont get me wrong,i enjoyed seeing the holleys...but..would love to see the mopars.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: BeatersRus on July 27, 2019, 05:17:54 AM
actually,i run my own business,and i am known as,"that guy who makes sh*t happen"
in other words,people know they can Count on me to get the job Done.
theres a lot of lazy people in the world....i would appreciate you not trying to label myself as one of them.

also...you completely avoided the question...
about the Regs HERE on this site youve joined,who we Know have pmed you offering Real true Help.
are you going to answer that,....
or just label Them as collectors out to steal your pot of gold ?

and you keep whinging about us asking for pics...which i find odd.
any person in their right mind would want to take pics Thruout the whole process of extrication of the cars,
yet you are posting up pics of parts for sale and rustangs.

dont get me wrong,i enjoyed seeing the holleys...but..would love to see the mopars.

Here's what we've got: The cars are not for sale, then they are, they're going to get them running,then a crate engine is going to be put in, wire transfer us 7 million dollars and they're yours, tells us that we should try on women's panties, tells us that he/she and the carbs should have come out of the closet sooner, constant lamenting about a Hemi Cuda that was sold decades ago, Ford wheels in the attic, going to the parts store to get parts to get them running, etc. There's posts alluding that two people are writing posts which makes one wonder if that is true or there's a "Norman Bated/Mother thing going on. Now "they" are moving their operation (whatever that is) out of state. Everything with the cars hinges on a broken garage door, but yet the simple phone call to order a $1,500.00-$2,000 replacement door has been a major obstacle for years and still continues to be.

This person is sitting on a good amount of money with these cars and he knows it and flaunts it here. Good for him, her, them....whatever. The truth is that the O/P is an elderly person who is never going to restore these cars and the 7 million dollar "buy it now price" ensures that he/she will die with them. He's not the only hoarder who is sitting on a rare car that will never get done.

So, it's time for a reality check, nothing is going to happen with these cars in the immediate future and that's a shame because if they were put up for sale at realistic prices, there are those who would love to own them and bring them back to their former glory. The whole purpose of the O/P's thread from the get-go has not been to seek info on how to restore these cars, rather it's more like "look what I have that you don't" and "here's my new identity that you must accept".

No one needed to know that the O/P is now trans-man and that could have been kept a secret, but it was willingly put out there for all to see. Sadly, gender dysphoria and mental problems run hand in hand and sadly, just about everything the O/P has written is evidence of such. This is not to disparage the O/P's "issues" as I have relatives who have mental issues and I'm sure that others here do as well.

stripedelete

I'll second the Turbin!

And I'm pretty sure Agent Starling is going to show up soon.......

held1823

what the f is with the badgering? their cars, their timeline. their story - all of it, including the part that makes a few people uncomfortable.

the owner is 79 years old, fully aware of where life's hourglass stands. never once has it been said they want to redo the car.

the lifestyle/ life choices are their own. hanging on to the cars was obviously a good one, even if by pure luck.

everyone, including the owner, knows the daytona is a 500k  + car as it sits. the bee and road runner might add another 100k

the owner has already put it out there that they can be bought, at a price i'm sure they know is but a starting point.

there are a few here that have the means to procure it. i highly doubt any attempt to do so will be for public view.

factor in the extra parts and what not, pony up three quarter million, and start writing your own ownership history

should we never see another photo or update, at least the car's existence and tag info have made it into the registries.

anyone is kidding themselves if they don't find a car with three miles on the odometer cool, even if it's a mustang

that generation of mustang has a cult following that is likely five times the size of the wing cars. it could be the first/easiest car they could sell.

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

HANDM

Quote from: held1823 on July 27, 2019, 08:41:49 AM
what the f is with the badgering? their cars, their timeline. their story - all of it, including the part that makes a few people uncomfortable.

the owner is 79 years old, fully aware of where life's hourglass stands. never once has it been said they want to redo the car.

the lifestyle/ life choices are their own. hanging on to the cars was obviously a good one, even if by pure luck.

everyone, including the owner, knows the daytona is a 500k  + car as it sits. the bee and road runner might add another 100k

the owner has already put it out there that they can be bought, at a price i'm sure they know is but a starting point.

there are a few here that have the means to procure it. i highly doubt any attempt to do so will be for public view.

factor in the extra parts and what not, pony up three quarter million, and start writing your own ownership history

should we never see another photo or update, at least the car's existence and tag info have made it into the registries.

anyone is kidding themselves if they don't find a car with three miles on the odometer cool, even if it's a mustang

that generation of mustang has a cult following that is likely five times the size of the wing cars. it could be the first/easiest car they could sell.

I'm with you on this, they can do what they want, when they want and how they want to do it. It's not up to us to dictate.

Let em sit?
get em running driving?
Send em to the bottom of the ocean?
Sell em?
Whatever, it's their choice, not ours

I've got a Charger and Challenger that sit for no other reason than I rarely have time for them and since they're covered and not deteriorating (much) they're still an appreciating asset.

A383Wing

Quote from: 426HemiChick on July 08, 2019, 09:05:38 PM

I brought down one of the steel Ford rims from the attic, they are: 16 X 7, 4 1/2 x 5 Bolt, 4.5" offset. The set of 5 mags I have are basically the same except the hub bore is a good bit larger than the steel cop wheels so they shouldn't be an issue. I'll try one that I can get to fairly easily today. The way I see it going is the SB will get the mags and the RR will get the steel wheels. The RR will require more work than the SB and will require more paint repair than the SB, Secondly, the steel wheels were bought to replace the original cop wheels. I had the extra set powder coated, took the car to NTB and had the tires swapped over to the new ones. When they went to balance them 3 of the four wobbled. The guy that powder coated the rims, burned off the original paint instead of media blasting them. By the time I had paid for the wheels and powder coating, I had about a grand invested. I should have taken them back and fitted him with them as his replacement cowboy hat. They should be OK for my purposes of rolling the cars around.

I will have to buy an aftermarket set of lug nuts for the mags. The current nuts are all right hand; need 10 LH and 10 RH and they need to be for mag wheels with a longer shank. The mags are  16 X 7, 4 1/2 Bolt, 4.5" offset. The offset is the same as the Chrysler wheels I have though they are 7" wide vs. 6" wide for the Chrysler rims and obviously 16" vs. 15". Don't think any of that will be a problem.

I'm still waiting for the new 16" tires to be purchased for the cars that may or may not exist....... trying to recall which cars had 16" wheels back then and where he/she got them from

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: HANDM on July 27, 2019, 11:25:38 AM

I'm with you on this, they can do what they want, when they want and how they want to do it. It's not up to us to dictate.

Let em sit?
get em running driving?
Sell em?

I've got a Charger and Challenger that sit for no other reason than I rarely have time for them and since they're covered and not deteriorating (much) they're still an appreciating asset.

You know, you both bring up some good points; it is "their" cars and it's up to "them" what to do with them all. However, I still stand by my comments. This person has brought a whole laundry list of drama and nonsense that need not have been put out there, and he/she is most certainly baiting everyone here with the 4 vehicles, especially the Hemi Daytona, which we all know is the holy grail of Hemi B-bodies.

If this same person owned four 1965 Valiant Signets, would there be 14 pages of this? Of course not, he/she would have been ignored and gone long ago.

kiwigtx

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 27, 2019, 07:22:10 PM

Quote from: HANDM on July 27, 2019, 11:25:38 AM

Let em sit?
get em running driving?
Sell em?

You know, you both bring up some good points; it is "their" cars and it's up to "them" what to do with them all. However, I still stand by my comments. This person has brought a whole laundry list of drama and nonsense that need not have been put out there, and he/she is most certainly baiting everyone here with the 4 vehicles, especially the Hemi Daytona, which we all know is the holy grail of Hemi B-bodies.

If this same person owned four 1965 Valiant Signets, would there be 14 pages of this? Of course not, he/she would have been ignored and gone long ago.

Exactly right Mr Binsdirti.  This thread is well over-stocked with unnecessary drama.  The story about the cars would be a much more enjoyable read without all the gender swapping BS that has come to light here.  No-one is interested in hearing about a guy who decides mid-life to have his wang swapped out. We want to see and hear the cars.   This is not fartbook. 

A383Wing

I wonder how long this train wreck would have lasted on Moparts?

426HemiChick

28 July 2019

First off we want to thank the folks here that have supplied us with excellent information and help.

This Post is directed at those who continue to post negative comments on our thread.

You gripe because we don't jump when you say so. Get over it, we don't, and won't; EVER!!!

As for the cars, they are ours and we'll do whatever we want with them. If it ever comes down to us wanting to sell them, don't look for fire sale prices.

Without further ado.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

BeatersRus

translation:
we want to thank everyone whos buying our storyline and bs.
those who arent,we dont care....supposedly.
but you do...
otherwise,you wouldnt keep addressing it. :RantExplode: you would just ignore it.

yanno,i have a sneaking suspicion why you never went to the b body forum.
mainly because you knew the owner would make you produce proof of ownership
instead of allowing you to run rampant there like you are here with your lifestyle stories and pics of everything but mopars. :Twocents:

and heres Your reality check.
on those forums,it doesnt matter if its an Off brand car like your rustang,or a slant six mopar
EVERYONE is asked for pics of their rides.
so get over this indignation of people asking you if you have more pics..
esp when you claim to own 3 rare and desirable cars...

finally..when if possibly the cars are for sale,which,apparently depends on which day it is you are responding.
keep in mind the engines are all mixed around according to you and will have to be reunited in original cars.
these cars arent perfect in any way....so perhaps you should be taking advice and offers of help Seriously from these folks here.

thats of course assuming you own them and this isnt some giant hoax.
they could belong to someone else that you know and you are just riding the wave off their pics.
i know quite a few older collectors who Dont ever get online at all,yet have rare cars.
they would never even know that you are posting their cars online.

before you decide to rant at me,just re read this a few times and Think about what im saying.
remember,the comments you are getting are in direct response to what and how you are posting.
i am not being negative,i am being extremely logical and blunt and im laying out why im saying these things as well.
hope this helps !
also hope to see more pics of the cars soon? and that everything does work out. :popcrn:

Mytur Binsdirti

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 26, 2019, 05:47:02 AM
Quote from: BeatersRus on July 25, 2019, 08:47:11 PM
any progress on the cars themselves??

Of course not. Has there been any progress since this thread started...or over the last 45+ years of ownership? It's plain to see that this elderly person is more interested in telling the world about his/her new found feminism while using the cars as bait to gain attention to him/herself here.

WOW... what a train-wreck/mini-melodrama this thread has been right from the start.... I tend to side with Mark's take on the subject matter, the only high point of this mini-series is that the vehicles were put away relatively dry and safe over the decades, as to why they were never fully enjoyed or allowed to remain stagnant over the years is an issue all to itself..

As for "flaunting" the cars and the melodrama around the gender transition, I might be wrong, but I see both as a last ditch effort to rekindle subjects that have been "tucked away" and ignored for decades now that the reality of mortality is growing near, I feel that the OP is subconsciously shopping for a buyer or just an audience to entertain his ideas/fantasies of resurrecting these vehicles and this forum may be his first or only medium to do so?...

Personally I believe the OP should "move" the vehicles onto another owner(s), cherish the memories and reap the benefits the inflated value these vehicles could bring him for enjoying and enduring what time he has left, lets face facts, at 79 yrs old, you count the days, not the years, not being harsh, just realistic...