News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Z bar spring clips

Started by rsw0331usmc, July 09, 2019, 02:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rsw0331usmc

The spring clips on the z bar to hold the pedal rod and clutch rod are primitive. I've lost 2 already after being certain they were already seated. Does anyone know of a more secure clip or perhaps an external snap ring would work better?

c00nhunterjoe

Sounds like excessive flex. I never lost one launching on slicks. Check your motor mounts.

c00nhunterjoe

To answer the direct question- no. You would have to change the linkage style. Most who get that involved go hydraulic.

metallicareload99

Quote from: rsw0331usmc on July 09, 2019, 02:19:53 PM
The spring clips on the z bar to hold the pedal rod and clutch rod are primitive. I've lost 2 already after being certain they were already seated. Does anyone know of a more secure clip or perhaps an external snap ring would work better?

I know where you are coming from, those clips are a pain, seems like there should be a better way. That being said, once you get them in the right spot they do seem to work. I snapped a ball stud off once and the clips still held
1968, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth

John_Kunkel

Maybe try an X-washer
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

rsw0331usmc

Thanks for the input. I can't fathom that a snap ring would not work as long as it fits properly. I'm going to try it today.