News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fast 9 Charger spotted

Started by JR, August 20, 2019, 07:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Mike DC

Looks trick.

I wonder how the stunt car builds vary from the hero cars.  Are they running a dummy mockup engine in the backseat and the usual LS3 crate motor under the hood?  

The stunt car doing the 180 in that clip was pulling away like it was pretty lightweight.  Probably got the same Speedkore CF skin panels as the heroes.  

JB400

Unless they use a toronado transaxle, I don't see how you can make a midengine Charger.  Sharp looking 68 though.  Hope it survives

Mike DC

The fiberglass kit car market has been doing mid-engine V8 setups for decades.  It's familiar territory.  

A few years ago the 'Need for Speed' movie (not very good) needed cheaper knockoffs of several expensive modern supercars.  They came up with a standardized LS V8 drivetrain to use in all the mid-engine models.  Bugatti Veyrons, Lambos, etc.  If the Furious#9 Chargers have mid-engine stunt cars then that setup would be my first guess.  

BTW, the new C8 Corvette is mid-engine (it's confirmed).   Once those cars start showing up at salvage auctions . .  . we're in for some mid-engine V8 muscle car builds in the next few years.  

myk

Mid engine?  I just HAVE to see that setup.  BTW the first wrecked C8 corvettes are starting to make the internet...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

JR

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

myk

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Mike DC

I also see a stretched wheelbase.  The front wheels/wheelwells are moved forward.  Gas filler is moved (or maybe missing) too. 

What's between the driver and the engine?  No firewall, barely any rollbar tubing . . . Seems unnecessarily dangerous for a stunt car. 

I would be surprised if they have real mid-engine setups in any of the movie cars that get driven.   It would be so much safer & easier to drop a hollow plastic display engine in the backseat and keep using their familiar LS3 crate drivetrain under the hood. 

Homerr

If you're in to this sort of nonsense -

70 sublime

I see three more Chargers in the lot at top of picture  Looks like one does not have anything over the motor
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Mike DC

QuoteIf you're in to this sort of nonsense

::)

Muscle cars have always been immature nonsense, period.

Loud engines.  Bright colors.  Cartoon characters.  

odcics2

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on August 26, 2019, 05:14:19 PM

QuoteIf you're in to this sort of nonsense

::)

Muscle cars have always been immature nonsense, period.

Loud engines.  Bright colors.  Cartoon characters.  

And neutral drops!   :coolgleamA:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?