News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 build

Started by slim, August 12, 2005, 08:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slim

I want to rebuild/ beef up my 78? 440. How should I do it, What should i use, how much $ etc. I would like to have as mush horsepower and tourqe as possible, HELP!

69bananabeast

What are you going to be using it for ? Street ?  Street/Strip?  Weekend Warrior?  Daily?
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

slim

i want something that'll blow everyone away especially those little rice burners on the street and on the track/ strip.l

cudaken

Slim, that is not a answer, just a reply. :icon_smile_dead:

First you need to think before you post!

If you turly want the most HP from a 440, that is nitro, 1000 Fogger, MP block, 10-71 blower and injected. Got $50,000.00 + to spend?

3 things you need to do!

1 What is my budget, that is a biggie
2 What ET do you want to run
3 How much time do you have to work on the car? That is also a biggie.

Have spent $12,000.00 on the blowen 440 in my Charger. Engine makes 685 HP and 789 foot pound's. With all the needed support gear (tran's, rear end, roll cage, and suspension) could hit 11.00 a round 140 MPH in the 1320. Would need to spend a nother $12,000.00 to do it, but could be done.

Need to sit down and figuer out the above.

Cuda Ken
I am back