News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chrysler Engineering Daytona #88 restoration at Big Iron Garage

Started by odcics2, February 15, 2020, 01:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aero426

Pics from the floor at Mecum.   Wow, what a car!    It really turned out great.   

The next lucky owner will have all the fun of showing the car.    It will have a ticket to any car event anywhere in the world. 

Aero426

Interior painted B7 as when Goldsmith drove it at Daytona in Feb 1969.    The level of detail put into this car is exhaustive.     It is correct down to the rivets on the tail panel.

Aero426

Imagine rolling up your garage door and seeing this.    

1RareBird

For the thousands of hours and years of work ( 8 ) and research I have into this car, it sure would be nice to get credit for it as promised.  I guess it's a good thing I have 1000 pictures  of it all. Can't say it didn't turn out nice.
When I die I want to go like my Grandfather did, quietly in his sleep.  Not screaming like the passengers in his car.

Dave Kanofsky

Dumb question - why no door numbers on the driver's side?
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

Redbird

Aero426

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on May 17, 2021, 08:07:42 PM
Dumb question - why no door numbers on the driver's side?

There was no number on the driver's door the day that the car set the record. 

odcics2

Quote from: 1RareBird on May 17, 2021, 07:39:33 PM
For the thousands of hours and years of work ( 8 ) and research I have into this car, it sure would be nice to get credit for it as promised.  I guess it's a good thing I have 1000 pictures  of it all. Can't say it didn't turn out nice.

Thank you Scott for the work you put in on the project.
Also, a shout out to Steve Atwell's shop that got the project going.

:cheers:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

C500

Car looks stunning, and the attention to detail is incredible... well done guys  :notworthy:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

odcics2

Anybody notice the grille frame is upside down?
Yeah, that's how it was originally and that's how the NOS one
was installed.

Splitter can be seen behind the screen.

aerolith

WoW all the time and effort to build a 200mph car 'back then' and twice as much work, to rebuild her NOW!

Think they could have found a better 'steering wheel'... :slap: :icon_smile_blackeye: :icon_smile_blackeye: :icon_smile_blackeye:

Got to 'at least' have a DRINKS button, that's a given... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

tan top

:drool5: :coolgleamA:      no sale ! ,  thought it would of gone higher !  considering  the french 71 hemi cuda convertible went to 4 million 8 hundred thousand , & got nothing on what DC 93 is & the history etc  :shruggy: :popcrn:
could just about hear it driving up on the auction block over the commentator  through my computer speakers
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Birdflu

Quote from: tan top on May 21, 2021, 02:58:20 PM
   :drool5: :coolgleamA:      no sale ! ,  thought it would of gone higher !  considering  the french 71 hemi cuda convertible went to 4 million 8 hundred thousand , & got nothing on what DC 93 is & the history etc  :shruggy: :popcrn:

I agree! Or the fact the 'big Oly' Bronco goes for $1.7M and DC 93 doesn't hit 7 digits! We are truly living in a topsy-turvy world!  :shruggy: :Twocents:

Mytur Binsdirti

Aero426

The car is even more incredible in person.    Wanted to take it and only it home from the auction.    Here it is just a few moments from crossing the block.   

Aero426

Greg with his baby.     Larry Rathgeb's son Jeff brought the 200 mph pit board for a reunion photo op.

Sgt Superbird

aerolith

Its always the same with RICH folks!

They would buy a crap painting of a lily pond because some 'old fart' has his signature on it! :eek2:

But when it comes to REAL Culture and Endeavour, they walk on past with their 'noses in the air'. :brickwall:

Don't worry Greg, a REAL enthusiast will 'rock-up', 'REAL SOON' and give you your hard earned rewards (cash)... :2thumbs: :cheers: :patriot:

ps if I win the Lotto, the 200mph car will be coming to ENGLAND, where folks know CLASS when they see it (or hear it)... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

pps I will be fitting a better steering wheel, (with your permission of course)... :mrt:

ppps I bet that Charger sold. its a better color B7... :slap: :smilielol: :eek2:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

odcics2

John- Here's a nice pic of the hand built Holley Sandcast Dominator that you provided.
It's #23 of the approximately 50 built in 1969. It has the sleeves to make it 950 cfm.

Holley Race Engineer Gary Congdon gave me the rebuild parts and suggested jetting tips.

The fuel log acts like a reservoir, enabling the engine to develop 575 HP at 6500. 
The car was legal for the 200 run, certified by Nascar Chief Inspector Bill Gazaway.

I believe all the Chrysler Engineering guys involved with the car would have been proud of the way it turned out.

Aero426

The primer port on the front of the breather housing is a nice touch. 

Aero426

This must be the headphone jack for George Wallace to listen to Deep Purple while Charlie or Buddy whisked him around the track.   

Dave Kanofsky

It was stunning to be in its presence.  :yesnod: :drool5: :cheers:
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

triple_green

68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

odcics2

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on May 24, 2021, 09:58:42 AM
It was stunning to be in its presence.  :yesnod: :drool5: :cheers:

Thank you Dave.  23 years plus of effort! 

A Mecum guy took the wrong exit to the staging area and the front spoiler hit.
Was near PERFECT.  Pete, from Evernhams got it straighter.
Ronnie V., the one man show at Ray's, will get it back to normal.
Some rivets on the bracing sheared off. Under nose looks ok.

Lets say I was LIVID at that guy... :flame: :flame: :flame:

odcics2