News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1st time at the strip

Started by hemi o, February 16, 2020, 03:51:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi o

Took the 70 to the strip for the first time yesterday,nine passes with a best e/t of 12.86 at 108mph. Pretty happy seeing its my first track day,55years old,I know right.522 stroker,cope racing 727,3.54 dana with 295/55/15 street e/ts.Just a small club day ,no 60 foot times etc.Great day.

BSB67

:2thumbs:

Very cool when folks take these cars out to the track.  

Your 60ft time was about 2.00 to 2.05 sec.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

XH29N0G

Thanks for posting.  It is fun to read when we take these to the track.  Must be a fun car.

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

c00nhunterjoe

Every day at the track is a good day. I concur with russ based on your et to mph. With practice and traction that 12.86 will drop to a 12.30 at that mph.

cdr

VERY cool !!! don't let it be your last time !!!! well done :)
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Q5XX29

Nicely done!  Add me to the list of members who love to see these cars hit the dragstrip.. and even better when people take the time to share the experience with us here. I love taking my cars to the dragstrip, and we make it a family hobby, with my sons.
dakota_gt on Instagram

BSB67

Is it me, or is it a little sad that a guy takes his muscle car - a Dodge Charger - to the track and only 5 people on the entire Dodge Charger forum respond.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

XH29N0G

I'm 100% sure there are others here who enjoy hearing about it and are quiet about it. I probably would have done just that....But I will say that my response was because of the positive responses I had when I went and because I genuinely enjoyed reading it. 

I really appreciate the original post and look forward to seeing more in the future.   :2thumbs:
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Ghoste

I agree, it is a little sad when something like the 5 word game thread even exists in a car forum (sorry, Im not much of a follower of the off topic section- for those who are, just forgive me and know its just one mans opinion).
Good for you hemio!  It is so much fun to use these cars as intended and to support your local strip.  I hope you continue to do it.

garner7555

This is my first time seeing the post, but I also love seeing the cars at the track.   Even if the people have no experience like me.      :yesnod:       :2thumbs:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: BSB67 on February 19, 2020, 07:38:33 PM
Is it me, or is it a little sad that a guy takes his muscle car - a Dodge Charger - to the track and only 5 people on the entire Dodge Charger forum respond.

This. :iagree:
Chrysler built these cars to be abused. They were the posterchild of nascar and nhra at the time. I wish more saw time at the track nowadays. You guys dont know what you are missing.

cdr

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on February 20, 2020, 08:57:27 AM
Quote from: BSB67 on February 19, 2020, 07:38:33 PM

This. :iagree:
Chrysler built these cars to be abused. They were the posterchild of nascar and nhra at the time. I wish more saw time at the track nowadays. You guys dont know what you are missing.

This ^^^^^^
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver

Bronzedodge

Sounds like a great time.  Congratulations!
Mopar forever!

timmycharger

:cheers: Awesome!!! I can't wait to get back there this summer with mine, its been almost 20 years since the last time.  :drive:

BSB67

Quote from: hemi o on February 16, 2020, 03:51:41 AM
Took the 70 to the strip for the first time yesterday,nine passes with a best e/t of 12.86 at 108mph. Pretty happy seeing its my first track day,55years old,I know right.522 stroker,cope racing 727,3.54 dana with 295/55/15 street e/ts.Just a small club day ,no 60 foot times etc.Great day.

Found a couple of time slips.  You may, or may not know that generally speaking if the et and mph are similar, all of the other data for the run will be similar as well.  Here are a few:

12.853 @ 107.90, 1.995 sixty ft.
12.900 @ 108.36, 2.065 sixty ft.
12.910 @ 107.84, 2.012 sixty ft.

11.68 @ 120.2 mph

firefighter3931

Good stuff Hemio  :2thumbs:

Be careful....the racing bug can be addictive !  :devil:

I allways enjoy the track and the people we meet there.  :icon_smile_cool:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

tan top

:coolgleamA: :2thumbs:  Good Stuff  HemiO :yesnod: 

would love to see pictures of your charger sometime  :yesnod: :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Canadian1968

I can't wait to get back this summer myself !!!

Good numbers !  Anything sub 13 flat , that can still be driven daily , is impressive in my opinion !!

I'm at 13.4 ..... still a bit to go !  :2thumbs:

TexasStroker

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

hemi o

Thanks for the comments guys,cant wait to get back to the track,but will have to wait as we are in total' lockdown' for at least 4 weeks(New Zealand).

cdr

Quote from: hemi o on March 26, 2020, 06:29:23 PM
Thanks for the comments guys,cant wait to get back to the track,but will have to wait as we are in total' lockdown' for at least 4 weeks(New Zealand).

Same here, tracks are shut down & we have been told to stay at home.

TexasStroker

Oh nice, did not know you were in New Zealand!  Hopefully you can get back out and maybe even have a better DA!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Ghoste

Never knew here was a strip in NZ.  Is there more than one?