News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Radiator Question:

Started by john108, May 24, 2020, 11:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justcruisin

Sounds pretty normal, I use the same thermostat and it runs at 170 at speed, on a hot day it will come up to 190 in stop go crawling traffic. If I didn't have an electric on the front for an assist it would go higher but the electric keeps it at 190.

comet_666

What pusher fans do you guys recommend?

justcruisin

I use the Derale 18217, I have it mounted on the radiator panel instead of direct to the radiator. The rainbow fan has been mentioned quite a bit on here, there was a thread going that the two seemed the same, I gave some info on current draw for the Derale but there was no first hand info presented on the Rainbow fan, does look to be the same from pictures. They are around the same price, I think the Rainbow fan is a little more, if you are going to fit one up maybe get the Rainbow and put an amp meter on it to see it's current draw so we know for sure.

comet_666

Just went for another drive on x way. Ran around 180 entire time, I was doing 65-70 most of the time. Its 82 here today and muggy, got off x way, and had to sit at light for about a min, ticked up a degree every 5 or 6 seconds until it was 195 and then about a slow 1/2 mile later to my house and my driveway it was 200.
Also of note, I do not have overflow catch can, saw a handful of antifreeze drips in my driveway leading up to the garage. Could rad cap be bad? Either way, I ordered a pusher and hoping that helps, if not I am at a loss.

b5blue

Quote from: comet_666 on June 15, 2020, 06:30:52 PM
What pusher fans do you guys recommend?
I used a Flexlite "Wave 14 inch" fed by an adjustable thermostat switch to push air through my A/C condenser.

comet_666

I got same one only 16 inch and I am going to manually toggle it.

Mopar Nut

The only time I had a over heating problem, I found out the PO installed the wrong water pump. Notice the blades are backwards/different and different count.  
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

b5blue

Speaking of that Rockauto has ACDELCO 26 252-587 for B/RB at a very good price. It has the disk behind the impeller.  :scratchchin: