News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Banned from the site but now I am back.

Started by Kern Dog, May 29, 2020, 05:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mel t

Kern Dog

Funny thing...
I joined Moparts in 2010. From the start, I knew that they had a NO POLITICS rule there but.....When subjects started to go off of the rails, I was poor at resisting the urge to go political whether others had started it or not. The Mods definitely play favorites there, especially the one named "Not A Charger". I was banned at least 7 or 8 times over the years, the last one in December of last year. Most of the time the ban was for a few weeks but the last one was called permanent. The offense? I was told it was because I was making too many posts complaining about the site. They had recently added a horrible pop up ad feature known as INFOLINKS and many others bitched about it. Site traffic fell off because these ads took up HALF the page on computers and over half for those using their phones.
A few weeks ago, they added a "Current Events" forum which allows Politics. I was told that the ban they had on me had been lifted so I checked in. Since December I've been able to lurk but not post anything. Now that I'm able to, I don't really feel much of a need as of yet. Maybe as the election grows closer.

JB400

I browse Moparts.  Stupid ads keep me away most times.  Mostly watch the parts section

Kern Dog

MoparMike68

Wonder how the current events section would workout here  :slap:
Quote: Now that I'm able to, I really don't feel much of a need as of yet.
           Kind of like underage drinking sneaking around and hiding from the police was part of the allure.   :cheers:

Back N Black

Kern Dog get over yourself, no body gives a fuck really. don't announce your back and three pages of numnuttary. Just ease back in and start contributing to topics.

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Kern Dog on July 07, 2020, 11:42:52 PM
I was banned at least 7 or 8 times over the years, the last one in December of last year. Most of the time the ban was for a few weeks but the last one was called permanent.

Damn! Good record! LOL
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Kern Dog

Quote from: Back N Black on July 08, 2020, 11:19:11 PM
Kern Dog get over yourself, no body gives a fuck really. don't announce your back and three pages of numnuttary. Just ease back in and start contributing to topics.

You think this post of yours helps anything?

John_Kunkel

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Challenger340

Only wimps wear Bowties !

greycharger

So FBBO is the only Mopar site with permanent bans?

Kern Dog

The reason that this topic is on the 4th page is because the "Off Topic" forum has had several other topics locked. I don't feel compelled to play a three word game and the other topics in this forum don't interest me.
Before 2010, I rarely used the internet.
Another thing....The person you read from online is not always the same as the person in the flesh. I am actually different than that because I am pretty much the same guy here and in person. I'm helpful when I am able, I'm often looking to make people laugh. I am sarcastic and silly but I am not one to back down from a confrontation. If I see an injustice, I try  to set it straight. Yeah, I am obnoxious too. I am well aware of my own faults.
FBBO.....I don't know about their policies. I have never been banned from there. I do suspect that they are probably more likely to tolerate a member if they have a history of being a good contributor. By this I mean one who starts interesting topics, offers actual help to tech questions or provides entertaining content that is reflected in their " Like " count. It can be hard to dump a member that others like having around.

ACUDANUT

You were not Banned, but sent to time out. Your a Bad Boy. lol

Kern Dog

Hey...Those Rallye wheel centers....Still interested? I have 2 sets. One is decent driver quality, the others are fair but a couple have chipped edges. PM me here or email and I can send you pictures.

odcics2

Well Greg, since you came back, you are showing restraint when provoked.

Guess you can teach an old Kern Dog a new trick?   :2thumbs:    :icon_smile_big:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

greycharger

FBBO.....I don't know about their policies. I have never been banned from there. I do suspect that they are probably more likely to tolerate a member if they have a history of being a good contributor. By this I mean one who starts interesting topics, offers actual help to tech questions or provides entertaining content that is reflected in their " Like " count. It can be hard to dump a member that others like having around.
[/quote]

Nope, that's not it. Long time member, diehard Mopar lover who still has his first Mopar, with an ever growing number of likes and agrees. Offered help on subjects that I have some expertise, lurked when I didn't. Posted some unique and interesting threads (IMHO). When banned without warning, I had members post and send PM's asking me not to give up, not to leave, as they were led to believe it was my choice. I lost a resource, but so did FBBO members.

It can be hard for an owner not to "dump" when a member is getting Dixie Chicked.

Lennard

Quote from: greycharger on July 11, 2020, 09:48:25 AM

Nope, that's not it. Long time member, diehard Mopar lover who still has his first Mopar, with an ever growing number of likes and agrees. Offered help on subjects that I have some expertise, lurked when I didn't. Posted some unique and interesting threads (IMHO). When banned without warning, I had members post and send PM's asking me not to give up, not to leave, as they were led to believe it was my choice. I lost a resource, but so did FBBO members.

It can be hard for an owner not to "dump" when a member is getting Dixie Chicked.

[/quote]
On For Big Bitches Only it's not WHAT you know... it's WHO you know that will keep you from getting banned.

Kern Dog

(Edited....I did not see Lennard's post. This is directed toward GreyCharger)
From what I recall, you did have some contrary opinions that people did not like. I may be remembering it wrong but I also thought your manner of expressing yourself came across as curt and rude. You certainly were not as tactful and smooth as you could have been. I have found also that a person with an opposing view can get others to listen if they use some finesse. I am stating this as an opinion. I also have been one to post things that are rude and offensive but I try to add humor or sarcasm to soften the blow. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. I have held the belief that a person with a different opinion has a far better chance of getting me to listen if they are funny, interesting or reasonably affable.

John_Kunkel

Not being "curt and direct" and being "tactful".....they have a term for that, now what is it? Kinda rhymes with pee cee.

XH29N0G

I prefer if we don't rag on other sites.  Sites are different and have different politics and policies.  Tolerance is not set by those and the left can be just as exclusionary and sensitive to criticism as the right.  I appreciate that the mods here set a tone where the issue is keeping politics  out (to an extent) and keeping us at being good to each other (to an extent) in this sandbox.

Kern Dog has made a decision on what he posts on this site versus other sites.  That is what matters and I respect and appreciate that.

I know there are a lot of older ruffled feathers or feathers ruffled on other sites and some might not want to let that go. 

:cheers:

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Kern Dog

John, That is one view and I can't argue with it.
Mine is a bit different.
Say you read a guy's post online and disagree with it. Read the following responses and see which one might be more likely to alienate others:

I think that green cars are the best.
Green cars suck ! Only fags and morons like green cars!
Green? Yeah, that was a popular color back then. I am not a fan of the color though.

Sure, I exaggerated a bit but the point is still clear.
By including a bit softer language or by stating that the following words are opinion, it makes an opposing view easier to accept. I don't see that as being Politically Correct as much as just being more civil and smart about trying to be heard without turning people off as easily. I am not injecting politics here !
I do think that we can learn something from almost anyone. A hateful and rude person usually teaches me that their tactics are ineffective on me so I am trying to avoid using those habits on others.

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Kern Dog on July 11, 2020, 01:51:46 PM
John, That is one view and I can't argue with it.
Mine is a bit different.

You claim to have a laissez faire attitude (your actual words "do your own thing") but you criticize a person's posting style. Just pointing out the obvious contradiction.

An abrasive retort to something you say can be seen as a personal affront (offense).....or not. To me, expecting somebody to conform to a certain form of behavior is PC.

"Political correctness is a term used to describe language, policies, or measures that are intended to avoid offense or disadvantage to members of particular groups in society."

Kern Dog

You should have been a lawyer. You cannot look at an issue without wanting to argue with someone about it.
My point was that the habit of being curt and rude turns off more people than it attracts. You surely have the right to be who you are but be aware that many people just may dismiss you because your manner is not remotely pleasant or courteous. If your goal is to just get people annoyed instead of seeing things your way, I think that you are succeeding.