News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Saw a 1970 Bronze Charger CONVERTIBLE today. Guy said took 7 months to build

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 02, 2020, 11:23:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Just finished, guy brought to cars and coffee. I have pics, but this site is awful to post. Will try though... Anyone else see this car in the Dulles VA area?  :Twocents:

hemi-hampton

Would like to see Pics. Yes, this site is a pain in the ass to add pics too it unfortunetly :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

BrianShaughnessy

Usually these vert customs are based on a Coronet vert.  body.   :Twocents:

Still a lot of work.   :2thumbs:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Wingnut426

I built mine from a Satellite vert back in 1981!  WINGNUT
HEMI Daytona Convertible

chargervert

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on August 02, 2020, 01:02:14 PM
Usually these vert customs are based on a Coronet vert.  body.   :Twocents:

Still a lot of work.   :2thumbs:

The Satellite body works better. I have built them from both.

VegasCharger

Quote from: hemi-hampton on August 02, 2020, 12:18:11 PM.....Yes, this site is a pain in the ass to add pics too it unfortunetly :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

One of the easiest things to do here on DC.com is post pictures. I must be a rare breed. Now keep in mind this is from my desktop and not a phone.

:cheers:

70 sublime

Quote from: Wingnut426 on August 02, 2020, 01:48:58 PM
I built mine from a Satellite vert back in 1981!  WINGNUT

Did you use the Satellite ownership or Charger ownership ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Kern Dog

Quote from: VegasCharger on August 03, 2020, 12:15:20 AM
Quote from: hemi-hampton on August 02, 2020, 12:18:11 PM.....Yes, this site is a pain in the ass to add pics too it unfortunetly :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

One of the easiest things to do here on DC.com is post pictures. I must be a rare breed. Now keep in mind this is from my desktop and not a phone.

:cheers:
Not if you want to post the same picture again another time. The software is strange in that it won't let you do so without changing the name of the file. No other site that I have been on requires that. At the very least, they increased the size of the file you can link up from 200 to 400.

Finoke

7 months? A lot of work for that amount of time. Did he have a team on it full time?

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: chargervert on August 02, 2020, 02:21:23 PM

I've seen it.   Much respect!  :2thumbs:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

cdr

Quote from: chargervert on August 02, 2020, 02:21:23 PM

The plymouth is shorter than the dodge, how does that work out better ?
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Kern Dog

cdr

Quote from: Kern Dog on August 03, 2020, 08:28:12 PM
The difference is in the spring hanger.

Thanks,, the E body rear floor pans are shorter on the Plymouth Cuda, was not sure how they shortened the wheel base on the B bodies.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

ACUDANUT

I would rather not see a butchered up Charger.  It ruins the look. 
There was a idiot here some time ago who thought building a 4 door Cuda would be the monalisa. :smilielol: :smilielol:

Kern Dog

Quote from: ACUDANUT on August 04, 2020, 04:43:10 PM
I would rather not see a butchered up Charger.  It ruins the look. 
There was a idiot here some time ago who thought building a 4 door Cuda would be the monalisa. :smilielol: :smilielol:
Don't speak ill of the dead.
He was a true craftsman. I didn't like the look of the car but I respected the work that went into it.

ACUDANUT

Kerndog, What do you mean dead ?  He died ??
Update.. His name was dave walden owner of ecs automotive concepts. Died at 58.  That sucks, way too soon.
My apologizes.

Kern Dog

Yeah, Dave and I shared a common trait. Alpha personality with a quick temper. His skill level far exceeded mine but we both were the type that didn't run from a fight.
He was strong, able and confident. He was a proud man and a gracious one. I have PMs from him where he thanked me repeatedly for defending him against the critics. It really pissed me off to see people bash him when many of those that did had shitty cars and zero talent to make them any better.
Yeah, he spent a bunch of money to make an ugly car. He knew that the factory went with the 2 door for a reason. His mission was to recreate a car that might have been and if you have seen the car, you'd agree that the workmanship is top notch. His company is still going, producing factory correct decals, glass, carpet and other high quality restoration parts.

cdr

Quote from: Kern Dog on August 04, 2020, 08:17:23 PM
Yeah, Dave and I shared a common trait. Alpha personality with a quick temper. His skill level far exceeded mine but we both were the type that didn't run from a fight.
He was strong, able and confident. He was a proud man and a gracious one. I have PMs from him where he thanked me repeatedly for defending him against the critics. It really pissed me off to see people bash him when many of those that did had shitty cars and zero talent to make them any better.
Yeah, he spent a bunch of money to make an ugly car. He knew that the factory went with the 2 door for a reason. His mission was to recreate a car that might have been and if you have seen the car, you'd agree that the workmanship is top notch. His company is still going, producing factory correct decals, glass, carpet and other high quality restoration parts.

I agree Dave was a great guy, was sad to hear  he died.