News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

front spindles

Started by Animal, May 21, 2006, 05:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Animal

I've posted some problems on a steering issue I have & it has just occured to me that I may have the front hub spindles on the wrong sides.Is this possible?I've tried to find a post on this but no luck.Maybe someone can help.Also the shop cannot seem to set up the castor & camber correctly. :-[
Thanks Adam.

charger Downunder

when ever i work on my suspesion or brakes i always only pull apart one side at a time to stop any mix ups it sounds possible.
[/quote]

Animal

This has been bugging me for weeks.the whole front end went off to be powder coated,so this is where I lost track.Anyhow,I'm sure someone will put me out of my misery,if not,I'm going to pull them off & take a close look,as it is difficult when in situ.Thanks Adam.

Animal

Chryco Psycho

it is possible although it shouldn`t hurt the alignment either way
disc or drum & are the calipers in front or rear if they are disc ?

Animal

The spindels are from the original drum brakes & I fitted the SSBC set up.The callipers are front mounted,as per intructions.Chryco,I am sorry to keep posting different issues about the same thing,but the more I think about the problems I am having,it probably can't be answered in original posts.Also I have looked through other posts & it doesn't help.I am hoping the spindles are handed as this may solve the problem.
Thanks again .Adam

John_Kunkel

B body drum brake spindles are the same left/right, disc brake spindles are different side for side but, like CP said, swapping sides won't affect geometry.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Animal

Quote from: John_Kunkel on May 22, 2006, 03:07:24 PM
B body drum brake spindles are the same left/right, disc brake spindles are different side for side but, like CP said, swapping sides won't affect geometry.

Thanks,that was what I was looking for,at least I don't have to remove spindles.
Adam.