News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How to identify my auto trans??

Started by PeteBratt, May 21, 2006, 09:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeteBratt

Want to check if my auto trans is the original.  I have looked quite a bit but cant find any palce to identify the casting numbers.  Can anyone send me a link?

dodge freak

By the oil pan rail there is # should be the VIN and it should match. Maybe not all the letters but most of them. If the trans is dirty you won't see them without using some brake cleaner or something to clean it up. Think its the drivers side but not positive.

RD

the last eight numbers on your trans. are the same as your sequence number on your VIN.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

John_Kunkel

The original post doesn't mention a year, some '68 and all '69 and later will have a partial VIN stamped on a raised pad on the passenger side bellhousing; '67 and earlier can't be verified as being original to any car.

The number stamped on the drivers side pan rail is the part number and build date, this can be used to verify that the part number is correct for the engine and the date coincides with the car build date.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.