News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Proper color/finish for Power Disc Brake Master Cylinder in a 440 Daytona?

Started by Dave Kanofsky, July 22, 2021, 01:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Kanofsky

Hi All,

I know I have this info somewhere, but haven't put my finger on it yet - What's the proper color/finish for Power Disc Brake Master Cylinder in a 440 Daytona?

Thanks!

:cheers:
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

hemi68charger

It was painted a satin-ish black along with the booster.. It was painted as a single unit, including the MC cap. SEM makes a good Landau Black 15013..

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on July 22, 2021, 01:45:01 PM
Hi All,

I know I have this info somewhere, but haven't put my finger on it yet - What's the proper color/finish for Power Disc Brake Master Cylinder in a 440 Daytona?

Thanks!

:cheers:

When new, the ENTIRE assy (master and booster preassembled) was supplied by Bendix and flashed in gloss black over raw steel/casting bolted together, generally the vacuum valve/grommet were victims of the chessy paint finish as well, no gasket between the booster and master, common resto mistake to avoid.... caps were installed in the master ports before paint, so you might want to recreate that detail as well

FYI, the 440 should have the master brake lines inboard (facing engine)....HEMI are outboard (facing side firewall/fender apron)

For an OEM finish, paint it like you hate it! :icon_smile_big: