News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Good Setup

Started by Tripp1117, August 13, 2005, 11:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripp1117

www.ferrarichat.com has a real good setup maybe you could use some of there options.

LahTera

Actually, I love this setup!  Great job, guys!!!  Woo hooooo!

:icon_smile_big:

LahTera

Troy

Which part of their setup? Specifics features would be nice. I personalloy hate that every "board" is displayed in one big list on the front page - too much scrolling to find what you want. The colors are almost as exciting as our many-shades-of-gray theme (which is getting changed ASAP). The optional colors are slightly better if you know how to switch them. We can add that functionality but our "themes" are going to be a bit more complicated and it's a very time-consuming process. I think the year/model specific boards might be nice but not yet. Also, I'm not sure that we are widespread enough to split things up geographically. Some of their regions have fewer than 200 threads (0.2% of the total) and that's not really worth breaking out in my opinion. Other than the organization of the boards, most of the features are fairly common among web forum software. All those little tweaks require a lot of processing power on the server and I'm not sure it's worth it from a performance standpoint. That site is pretty slow but that could be for any number of reasons.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

psykicpup

please don't split geographically.........that one of the things like here everyone  everywhere!
my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!