News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 grille removal.

Started by Dakota Daddy, December 19, 2021, 11:19:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dakota Daddy

Was there an old step by step post on removing and repairing a 68 grille (center section)?
I have a hole in mine and would like to repair it.  When I was trying to remove some screws they were stuck so I stop.  It got real intimiding, I didn't want to break the grille.   
thanks

HANDM

I would take the valence and bumper off then remove the entire grill and support assembly as a unit. And get a factory service manual for future reference :cheers:

Canadian1968

Quote from: HANDM on December 19, 2021, 11:42:44 AM
I would take the valence and bumper off then remove the entire grill and support assembly as a unit. And get a factory service manual for future reference :cheers:

exactly what he said.

Take off the valence and bumper . The entire assembly comes out as one unit.  If you haven't already I would suggest getting a fastener kit for the grill.  You can try soaking all the fasteners first with some penetrating fluid but I can almost guranatee you, you will at least snap one.  The screws and j-clips that hold the plastic spacers for the top and bottom of the grill are not likely to cooperate!

Dakota Daddy

Thank you
I didn't think I had to go this route of taking off so much.  I guess I need the factory manuals.  Is there any manuals (fake) out there I need to stay away from?

70 sublime

How much fixing does the grill need ?
Maybe you can do it in place ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Dakota Daddy

Quote from: 70 sublime on December 20, 2021, 02:19:54 PM
How much fixing does the grill need ?
Maybe you can do it in place ?
There is about a 3 inch hole in the black part of the grille