News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

No Chargers listed for sale on this site for months

Started by triple_green, April 04, 2022, 02:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triple_green

Interesting how few Chargers there are for sale..none on this site for months, even at Moparts no Chargers for sale for months. Kind of like houses in my neighborhood, few for sale and the ones that are go for crazy amount over the asking price...I guess I should be glad I have the Charger I do...
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

70 sublime

I watch our local classifieds also for Chargers
Not much of anything
A couple that have been listed for the last 2 years for big bucks and their prices have not changed but soon the average market price will catch up to the sellers price and think they will sell

We also have about 15 Charger wanted ads in the same classifieds 
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Just 6T9 CHGR

Tons of ads on Facebook with unreasonable asking prices
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mytur Binsdirti

The lack of cars for sale coincides with the lack of site traffic and any interesting new posts. On any given day, it only takes a minute to scan through topics.  This place used to be a happening website, what happened to it?

Kern Dog

Bob

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on April 04, 2022, 05:49:35 PM
The lack of cars for sale coincides with the lack of site traffic and any interesting new posts. On any given day, it only takes a minute to scan through topics.  This place used to be a happening website, what happened to it?

20 years ago when I joined you could have 3 or 4 pages of unread topics almost daily. I have my opinions of what happened but I'll keep my mouth shut. :cheers: :cheers:

Nacho-RT74

Just right what I was to say! In the old good days I could spent couple of hours checking and replying threads... And I didn't even enter on all sections!
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

rich4406bbl

I agree in that there use to be a lot more posts in the past. Perhaps it's time for a revamping of the site. Add some new content, delete some of the less visited categories, etc. One pet peeve is the order of the responses in a posting. Maybe reverse them so the latest post is the first one seen, then scrolling down to the original post. Just a thought. Maybe add some new picture categories too, like "Members' Rides", "Derelict Chargers", etc. What do you think, moderators?

cdr

When Photo Bucket started charging money, LOTS of photos left the building !!!! that hurt this site A LOT, also the search function hurts , I would love to help rejuvenate this site !!!!!
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

c00nhunterjoe

I havnt been on in a while. Just insanely busy. But prior to my absence, photobucket was a main reason for less posts. It is not easy to post a photo anymore from a cell phone and i cant tell you the last time i used my laptop. Literally years. Everytime i take a photo i have to edit it a ridiculous amount to resize it to meet the site criteria, and then instead of a normal "size" on the reply, it is massive and you have to scroll across the screen to see it. Not user friendly at all.

triple_green

I guess if you have a charger for sale facebook reaches a lot more people...
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

Homerr

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on April 05, 2022, 06:54:22 AM

Just right what I was to say! In the old good days I could spent couple of hours checking and replying threads... And I didn't even enter on all sections!

I sort of feel like the high prices, speculators, 'investors', VIN plate switchers, and guys selling Chevy-esque restos have taken their toll on the hobby.  That crowd probably isn't selling their Chargers here to us hobby/enthusiast types.

They aren't making 2nd gens any more and those that are left are dwindling.  The general high prices of cars have me turned off to the whole thing in a way.  Even a few years ago I got an MG Midget as a cheap project car - this is taking hundreds of dollars to do.  Then I got a Triumph TR6 - this is taking thousands to do.  I can't afford the Charger I want which would be tens of thousands of dollars, and seemingly pushing higher and higher all the time.  You guys with 1-5 Chargers are lucky you got in the game when you did.

Kern Dog

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on April 05, 2022, 02:41:00 PM
I havnt been on in a while. Just insanely busy. But prior to my absence, photobucket was a main reason for less posts. It is not easy to post a photo anymore from a cell phone and i cant tell you the last time i used my laptop. Literally years. Everytime i take a photo i have to edit it a ridiculous amount to resize it to meet the site criteria, and then instead of a normal "size" on the reply, it is massive and you have to scroll across the screen to see it. Not user friendly at all.

I have stated the same thing and a few dickheads on the forum try to defend the forum and insult me at the same time for it.
Fuck those jerkoffs....

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Kern Dog on April 05, 2022, 07:46:04 PM

I have stated the same thing and a few dickheads on the forum try to defend the forum and insult me at the same time for it.
Fuck those jerkoffs....

I have your back Gregory, out their names.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Bob

And to add, I blame none of this on the owner (Troy) or admins. There is still a wealth of knowledge archived here for just about anything charger related.

LaOtto70Charger

Site is still good for finding information to get help. Search feature was working better the last time I used it.  Of course now compared to when this site started there is youtube and Facebook for finding information. 

Interesting points on price of the cars. How many people that can afford to buy these cars anymore actually work on them and search for fixes and parts or just pay someone. 

Mike DC

The average age of the car owners is probably pretty high.  

The supply of workable projects is the worst it has ever been.  Resto costs are higher than ever.  Most of the restorable cars are already done.  

There are many more places to sell cars than there used to be.  

Most of America has been losing economic ground since the 1970s.  The hobby requires money + free time + workspace/garage/car interest.  Lots of people have 1-2 of those but it's rare to have all three anymore.  

All these factors help push down the amount of activity in the hobby.  

JimShine

I can't speak for the other owners, but if I wanted to sell my car, I could make a couple calls and have it sold, cash in hand and out of my garage within 48 hours without listing it anywhere. I wouldn't have to deal with flakes or people who think they are going to widdle the price down when they come to wrap up the deal. The ones that get listed tend to be the ones where the sellers are looking to get above market value. 

Troy

Quote from: rich4406bbl on April 05, 2022, 01:35:45 PM
I agree in that there use to be a lot more posts in the past. Perhaps it's time for a revamping of the site. Add some new content, delete some of the less visited categories, etc. One pet peeve is the order of the responses in a posting. Maybe reverse them so the latest post is the first one seen, then scrolling down to the original post. Just a thought. Maybe add some new picture categories too, like "Members' Rides", "Derelict Chargers", etc. What do you think, moderators?
You can fix your one pet peeve using the settings in your profile.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Kern Dog on April 05, 2022, 07:46:04 PM

Fuck those jerkoffs....

The image name deal and size limits has been allways like that, with more posts before and now with less posts. And maybe 85% of the posts are just text. So that's not a reason.

In fact initially we could just post one image per post, now we can post 4.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html

ACUDANUT

Quote from: JimShine on April 06, 2022, 02:26:26 PM
I can't speak for the other owners, but if I wanted to sell my car, I could make a couple calls and have it sold, cash in hand and out of my garage within 48 hours without listing it anywhere. I wouldn't have to deal with flakes or people who think they are going to widdle the price down when they come to wrap up the deal. The ones that get listed tend to be the ones where the sellers are looking to get above market value. 

I might be interested in your contacts. My Wife says I have to sell a few. I was thinking of using "gateway classics". No 100 percent sure of the name right now.

Nacho-RT74

i must say Moparts threads/posts has been going slow down latelly too

NHCharger

I think a majority of theses sites have taken a hit because of FB. Plenty of car groups on FB and uploading pics only take me a minute, don't need to resize. but whenever I need some tech advice I always rely on DC or Moparts.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

charger_fan_4ever

Up here on Chinada the major for sale app kijiji is full of want ads for 68-70 chargers.the couple tbat do pop up for sale are 80k+ for a restored car or 30-40k for a car needing tons of work.