News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Driving the "trailer queens"

Started by taxspeaker, May 30, 2022, 03:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taxspeaker

I probably will be kicked out of the trailer queen club after today.

Today (Memorial Day) drove the yellow 6 BBL, 4 speed Bird to its first show-92 miles. The one that Mark@ Magnum Restoration did a great job restoring that was at MCACN last fall. I'm 2nd owner

No speeding tickets were received or animals harmed in this event.

Upcoming short little trip in the white Bird to Alaska. Considering driving the Petty Blue one to Carlisle

Post your show pictures please!

hemi68charger

Post pictures? Of ???????

Good for you driving her that much..
I did not know you had a yellow Bird Bob...

Troy

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

426HemiChick

Hi Bob,                30 May 2022

Looks like you had real nice weather for Memorial Day and the event. Glad you are enjoying your cars.

Take Care, God Bless

Best Always

Dena and Christine
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

Dave Kanofsky

Took mine and dad's '66 Coronet to the season kick off cruise in Lemont, IL last night.  Perfect weather, great crowd, plus 2 amazing Ferraris (Monza and LaFerrari)
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

426HemiChick

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on June 02, 2022, 08:55:57 AM
Took mine and dad's '66 Coronet to the season kick off cruise in Lemont, IL last night.  Perfect weather, great crowd, plus 2 amazing Ferraris (Monza and LaFerrari)

Hi Dave,               03 June 2022

Two beautiful cars. Glad you have them and are enjoying and sharing them.

We still think the Daytona's are the most beautiful cars on the planet.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

gtx6970

Good th hear.

IMO, If  I cant drive it. I dont want to own it

aerolith

Truly magnificent indeed!

I am in a different club myself, never had a trailer Queen or King!

But I feel my 4-speed Charger 500, which is a true drivers car will never get driven by me?

I don't have the energy or the funds to complete the restoration, so its a Garage Queen/King for the foreseeable future...

As I have told every American car owner in Europe, ''the Ukraine war has shown the frailness of Eurolands, so drive 'em whilst you can''... :drive: :drive: :drive:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

hemi68charger

Quote from: aerolith on June 05, 2022, 04:06:21 AM
..., so drive 'em whilst you can''... :drive: :drive: :drive:

I try when local... Yesterday had to get some guitar supplies...
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

aerolith

Nice one Troy!

Pete was a complete plonker when I went to view the car for Julius... :brickwall:

I asked if I could drive the Daytona?

He said ''NO''...
Can you take me out for a drive?
He said ''NO''...
Can you start it up for me?
He said ''NO'' again...

I told Julius I have no way of telling the condition of the engine and transmission?
Julius was NOT going to buy the Daytona and I convinced him that Pete was a ''good guy''...

How wrong can you be... :slap:

It would have been my only time in a REAL Daytona, i will never forgive him for making me 'look bad' and NO trip out!
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

hemi68charger

Quote from: aerolith on June 06, 2022, 11:54:23 AM

It would have been my only time in a REAL Daytona, i will never forgive him for making me 'look bad' and NO trip out!

Sorry to hear that... And, as ironic as it is, Julius sees the car all the time now that he's moved to Texas near me. We visit all the time and chat on a daily basis often... And to think, it used to be his..... So, we have mutually owned two wing cars; my current Daytona and my former yellow Superbird that he bought and restored.....
Troy

hemi-hampton

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 06, 2022, 01:58:36 PM
Quote from: aerolith on June 06, 2022, 11:54:23 AM

Sorry to hear that... And, as ironic as it is, Julius sees the car all the time now that he's moved to Texas near me. We visit all the time and chat on a daily basis often... And to think, it used to be his..... So, we have mutually owned two wing cars; my current Daytona and my former yellow Superbird that he bought and restored.....

Is Julius still Restoring Cars since he moved? LEON.

hemi68charger

Quote from: hemi-hampton on June 06, 2022, 10:37:29 PM

Is Julius still Restoring Cars since he moved? LEON.

Boy is he ever.... Here's some of what he has done since moving to Texas:
1. triple black '68 Hemi Charger R/T
2. 1969 Charger R/T F6 white top special with white guts (beautiful car, still at the house)
3. 1970 six pack Shaker 'Cuda 4speed just got sent to Europe
4. 1971 Hemi Charger R/T Butterscotch 4speed with white guts (finishing it up now for local gent)
5. My former Lemon Twist Superbird
6. His current V2 Superbird
7. working on a 70 GTX for local gent now..
... plus others......... He is still busy working away.... Chat with him daily pretty much about his projects, my projects and the required lunch..  ;D

For whatever reason, Google will NOT allow him to update his search results for his business.. Sucks.... We haven't figured out how to update it..
Troy

hemi-hampton

The Guy that bought my car lives in L.A. area & wanted Julius to Restore the car. But then he complained to me he thought Julius was too expensive. Just another Guy that thinks Resto's are cheap. :brickwall: LEON.

aerolith

Resto is expensive as we all know!

Yes you can solve some of the labour costs by doing it yourself,,, but...
Most folks don't know a ratchet from ratshit lol...

The cost of body and paint, will kill most budgets before you get onto the rebuild!
Its a full strip down, every nut and bolt and then the 'resto' begins.

If you pull out during the process it will be a DISASTER as many have found out!
For you and your pride and JOY!

Julius gives it to you straight, 'its expensive', put up or shut up...

I was at Julius's shop when Craig Jackson turned up with the 'Limey Roadrunner' as he called it! :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
He showed it to him and Julius said, ''what a fantastic buy that is'.
Craig said '' I want the best of the best resto, no expense spared''...

To which Julius replied ''its too nice as she is a survivor car, so NO''! :buff: :hack: :badidea:

Craig offered him $125,000 to do a driving running car with zero rust...

Julius said, ''find someone else'' ,,,so he did... :poke:
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

I hope Julius will do a complete history of 'restorations by Julius'.

I know the guy and he is a GOD to me! :cheers:

I played my very small part in helping some very rare Mopars, back from the Dead.

He has been there through thick and thin just 'doing his bit' for the hobby... :pity:

Its easy to say, ''its expensive', so is building a space rocket, it goes with the territory... :popcrn:

After many attempts to restore this wonderful Cuda it was left to Julius to 'put it right'...
You would be surprised how many time that has happened...
Just ask Victor Edelbrock (if you could)?
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

hemi68charger

Quote from: hemi-hampton on June 07, 2022, 07:11:05 PM
The Guy that bought my car lives in L.A. area & wanted Julius to Restore the car. But then he complained to me he thought Julius was too expensive. Just another Guy that thinks Resto's are cheap. :brickwall: LEON.

Damn, J's hourly rate is chump-change compared to some....... And speed? Julius, once he got his current Superbird back from the paint shop had the car totally back together and looking GREAT in a month.. He is Mister Efficient. Now our difficult decisions are "where we going to lunch?". I usually see him on Fridays. Chat with him all the time.... He has had a couple of cars sent to Texas from California to work on......   They still follow him for good-reason..
Troy

hemi-hampton

With the cost of living so high in California the hourly rate is higher. LEON.

hemi68charger

Quote from: hemi-hampton on June 08, 2022, 08:58:06 PM
With the cost of living so high in California the hourly rate is higher. LEON.

He's in Texas by me now.......
Troy

taxspeaker

Not sure why this got hijacked to discussion about Julius, who I'm sure is great, but this is a big reason why I rarely post here anymore.

Really wanted to see pictures from other shows.

hemi-hampton

hemi68charger

Quote from: taxspeaker on June 09, 2022, 03:32:09 PM

Really wanted to see pictures from other shows.

Sort of make up for it
Troy

taxspeaker

Now thats what I'm talking about!
Thanks

Dave Kanofsky

Last Sunday in Downers Grove, IL.  MoPower Madness by Chicagoland Mopar Connection.  ~160 cars registered, with a few more milling about in the spectator lot
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

69_500

why have them if not going to enjoy them is what I say

Mopar John

Bob,
These pictures were taken for you!
Our Superbird has definitely been a "trailer queen" since it was OE restored.
These pictures were taken on it's second driving outing this year.
A few weeks back we took our grandson and his date to the high school prom.
Today it was out to a cruise in!
MJ