News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trunk Floor Question

Started by NickJ, November 05, 2022, 08:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NickJ

Good morning all,
  Hopefully a quick question. I'm installing the new fuel tank into the Charger and was wondering if anyone has a picture/measurements for the rubber grommet screws the filler neck goes through? Manual says phillips screw with washer but doesn't specify any details.  Also, my replacement floors didn't have any holes in them. Does anyone have a picture of the trunk floor with grommets, plugs etc they could post? Thanks for all the help!

RTSE440

i just mounted mine but my floor had holes so i can't get measurements but the grommet should have the holes in it. what i found is the filler neck hole is set more towards the back so lay your grommet with the part numbers up(if your grommet has part #'s) over the top of the floor hole evenly spaced and this should bring you in the ball park area

68charger440

I laid the new pan on top of the old while it was still in the car and then marked where the edges would line up.  Then just cut the old out and welded the new one to the cut edges of the old. The filler tube fought me a little. But not too bad.
When someone is absolutely 100% sure they know exactly what your problem is and how to fix it, it's time to ask someone else!