News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

XX29L9B409039 - Mecum Kissimmee 2023 - Lot S120

Started by held1823, December 23, 2022, 02:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

held1823

Daytona #10 at this auction, from Tim Wellborn's collection

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0123-539809/1969-dodge-daytona/
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

nascarxx29

No more custom paint
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

hemi-hampton

A383Wing

Quote from: hemi-hampton on December 24, 2022, 07:25:11 PM
I like it better with the custom paint :scratchchin:

I agree, now the car is just another cookie-cutter Daytona like all the other ones restored back to stock....no personality

Bryan

426HemiChick

Quote from: A383Wing on December 24, 2022, 09:49:15 PM
Quote from: hemi-hampton on December 24, 2022, 07:25:11 PM
I like it better with the custom paint :scratchchin:

I agree, now the car is just another cookie-cutter Daytona like all the other ones restored back to stock....no personality

Bryan

Hi LEON, Bryan,                   25 December 2022

Easy solution: Buy it and paint it the way you want it. Nothing and no one is stopping you . . . . except you.

The problem with custom paint is it becomes Dated. You can't go wrong with Original. Custom paint: Fantastic today, dated tomorrow.

Wishing you all a Blessed and Happy Christmas and New Year.

God Bless

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

hemi-hampton

Nothing wrong with dated Custom Paint from the 70's. These Type of cars are now extinct & rare. All converted to another face in the Crowd. :shruggy: :Twocents: :slap:

Sgt Superbird

Pinballjim

Cookie Cutter?  Yeah.  They're just sitting around everywhere!!  Tell ya what, the next Cookie Cutter Daytona you see just laying around, let us all know.   I'm sure one of us here will buy it.  Cookie Cutter.    You're FUNNY!!!! 

Impkidd

426HemiChick

Quote from: Pinballjim on December 25, 2022, 05:36:06 PM
Cookie Cutter?  Yeah.  They're just sitting around everywhere!!  Tell ya what, the next Cookie Cutter Daytona you see just laying around, let us all know.   I'm sure one of us here will buy it.  Cookie Cutter.    You're FUNNY!!!! 

Hi Jim,                25 December 2022

Agree, would love to have a cookie cutter Hemi Daytona; oops, we had one and sold it. Can't figure out how that happened. Prolly due to a PM.

Old saying: "Better to be a Has-Been Than a Never-Was."

Hope you're enjoying your Bird and get it to where you want it. Hope you and your family had a Very Blessed Christmas.

Take Care

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

Pinballjim

Quote from: 426HemiChick on December 25, 2022, 11:26:21 PM
Quote from: Pinballjim on December 25, 2022, 05:36:06 PM

Hi Jim,                25 December 2022

Agree, would love to have a cookie cutter Hemi Daytona; oops, we had one and sold it. Can't figure out how that happened. Prolly due to a PM.

Old saying: "Better to be a Has-Been Than a Never-Was."

Hope you're enjoying your Bird and get it to where you want it. Hope you and your family had a Very Blessed Christmas.

Take Care

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

Thanks HC!!  Hope your Christmas was a good one too.

There's no getting the bird to where I want it required.  It's already done.   All I need to do is an oil change.  Everything else is just the way I want it.  The roads are too salty from the ice and snow to actually use the car but Spring will be here soon enough.  The other cars in the garage are SOOO jealous!!

426HemiChick

Quote from: hemi-hampton on December 25, 2022, 02:57:57 PM
Nothing wrong with dated Custom Paint from the 70's. These Type of cars are now extinct & rare. All converted to another face in the Crowd. :shruggy: :Twocents: :slap:

Hi LEON,                26 December 2022

First off, Hoping You and Your Family Had A Very Blessed and Merry Christmas.

You are correct. The problem as we see it is most collectors want the cars as pristine as possible. Custom paint is in the eyes of the beholder. If a large market for custom painted Daytona's and Super Birds existed, you would see lots of them at the auctions bringing top bucks.

If one wants one of those cars with a wild paint scheme, by all means, they should buy one with an existing custom paint scheme or buy one w/o and have it painted however they see fit.

Wishing You and Your Family a Blessed and Happy New Year !!!!

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

PS:
If anyone disagrees with us, that's fine, it's still a partially free country . . . . for the time being.

426HemiChick

Quote from: Pinballjim on December 26, 2022, 05:48:10 PM

Thanks HC!!  Hope your Christmas was a good one too.

There's no getting the bird to where I want it required.  It's already done.   All I need to do is an oil change.  Everything else is just the way I want it.  The roads are too salty from the ice and snow to actually use the car but Spring will be here soon enough.  The other cars in the garage are SOOO jealous!!

Hi Jim,               26 December 2022

You're very fortunate to have been able to adopt a Super Bird that is exactly as you wanted it. Someone up stairs was looking out for you.

Watch that salt, it has a voracious appetite for that ferrous stuff your Super Bird is made out of.

If the other cars in your collection are jealous, go out and sit in them occasionally, talk to them, make them feel they are loved. Remember, cars are feminine. Never refer to a car in the masculine gender. It's offensive to them and they do react.

Wishing You, Your Family and Your Prized Cars a Blessed and Very Happy New Year !!!!

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks