News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wing cars at upcoming auctions

Started by 70 sublime, December 26, 2022, 07:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

There seems to be a lot of them coming up at auction

I have not been able to keep track
Anyone know how many wings have been posted to a 2023 auction already ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

WINGIN IT

Believe there are a couple of posts and lists about

70 sublime

I kept seeing postings say one more wing car so was curious how many so far

Well I ended up at the Kissimmee auction site and flipped through 147 pages of cars and things consigned

I counted 8 Superbirds and 10 Daytonas in this auction

That is a lot of them
Wonder how many sellers of a wing car will buy another one at the same sale to trade up kind of thing ?

hemi-hampton

Maybe they figure the economy is about to tank so sell high now? You heard the saying, buy low, sell high.  :scratchchin:  Leon.

Stevetona

I figure people with that much money to have multi million dollar car collections know more about money and economics than I do. I would say they are selling high before the economy implodes and they can always buy them back in a couple years at a discount.  :lol:

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,               26 December 2022

When the economy tanks??? It has already tanked, they just haven't said so officially.

Fuel prices have shot up again, the economy is all BS and the country is being overrun by Biden's relatives from every country you can think of. Nothing but uneducated folks looking for Guberment handouts. Every dollar the guberment gives to these Goody Seakers is several dollars out of an American's Pocket <<<<

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

held1823

Quote from: 70 sublime on December 26, 2022, 10:25:47 PM
I kept seeing postings say one more wing car so was curious how many so far

Well I ended up at the Kissimmee auction site and flipped through 147 pages of cars and things consigned

I counted 8 Superbirds and 10 Daytonas in this auction

That is a lot of them
Wonder how many sellers of a wing car will buy another one at the same sale to trade up kind of thing ?

Your count is correct as of now. The fake race car doesn't count.

There is not much room to trade up as the majority of these are blue chip cars to begin with.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

70 sublime

Looks like I missed one Daytona so there is 11 Daytonas and 8 Superbirds at this point in time

held1823

Quote from: 70 sublime on December 27, 2022, 08:14:05 AM
Looks like I missed one Daytona so there is 11 Daytonas and 8 Superbirds at this point in time

the 11th one is a sketchy race car . I wouldn't count it
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

cudavic

Quote from: Stevetona on December 26, 2022, 11:18:46 PM
I figure people with that much money to have multi million dollar car collections know more about money and economics than I do. I would say they are selling high before the economy implodes and they can always buy them back in a couple years at a discount.  :lol:

I believe you are correct, and if you watch the video below at the very end Kathy Edwards say's "We're selling because we feel there is a season to sell and a season to buy, and this is the season to sell..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g__M8lZ-CRE

70 sublime

But if there is a season to buy and a season to sell who is going to buy them if the prices are up if the ones selling think they will be cheaper to buy again later on
Why would the buyers not want to wait for said cheaper prices also ??

Beep Beep Dave

I am not sure what connection can be drawn since that one guy Gary Edwards who just recently bought most of his collection is selling 12 of the wing cars at the Mecum Auction himself.

I guess we will see how that works out for him.

I don't think there has been a time where Wing Cars in general have climbed to this level as far as pricing goes.

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

cudavic

Quote from: 70 sublime on December 27, 2022, 11:18:53 AM
But if there is a season to buy and a season to sell who is going to buy them if the prices are up if the ones selling think they will be cheaper to buy again later on
Why would the buyers not want to wait for said cheaper prices also ??

Because emotions and the abundance of money over the last few years make people make poor purchasing decisions at times.

loudmouthaussie

Have any gone under the hammer yet? Love to see some sales results. Im on other side of the world so wont be watching live  :eek2:
1970 PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD. 440/6BBL/BENCH/AUTO/VITAMIN C.
1979 FORD RANCHERO GT 351.
1960 AUSTIN HEALEY MK1 BUGEYE SPRITE 1275/4 SPEED.

cudavic

Quote from: loudmouthaussie on January 05, 2023, 02:55:27 PM
Have any gone under the hammer yet? Love to see some sales results. Im on other side of the world so wont be watching live  :eek2:

I looked and most are going to be auctioned off on Friday 1/13.

70 sublime

Hmmm I never noticed before it is Friday the 13th

Impkidd

Is there a tech-savvy person here that would make a YouTube video of the wing cars as they are going across the block? I have no optional channels or cable tv...  :shruggy: putting those payments toward my S'bird restoration...   :2thumbs:

WINGIN IT

You can watch live auctions directly on Mecum website

70 sublime

It would be nice if all the sales were saved in one video  :2thumbs:

WINGIN IT

Probably easiest to review the results at end of auction

Impkidd

A video would reference a time in history of so many wing cars sold at once. In ten years, all could look back at what the prices were, to that present day value. Either no regrets, or folly. :scratchchin:

hemi68charger

Quote from: Beep Beep Dave on December 27, 2022, 11:35:22 AM
I am not sure what connection can be drawn since that one guy Gary Edwards who just recently bought most of his collection is selling 12 of the wing cars at the Mecum Auction himself.

I guess we will see how that works out for him.

I don't think there has been a time where Wing Cars in general have climbed to this level as far as pricing goes.

Dave

Gary is one of the guys that almost pulled the trigger on my PR C500 about 2 years ago... Everything always works out how it is, wasn't meant to be.... I ended up selling later and being able to get the Bird from Pete......

He DEFINITELY has/had an awesome collection I would do as well if I had a lot of coin.......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

70 sublime

WINGIN IT

DAYTONAS - TO DATE

AUCTIONS VALUES NOW INCLUDE FEES /PREMIUMS PAID BY BUYER

WINGIN IT

HEMI DAYTONAS TO DATE