News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

recommendations for brake and fuel lines

Started by matrout76, February 24, 2023, 12:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrout76

I am about to take my 69 Charger off of the rotisserie and want to install the fuel an brake lines before doing so. 

Car is currently manual 4 wheel drum brakes.  I am going to swtich to power brakes and use one of the front disk brake upgrade kits if that makes a difference due to proportioning valves or master cylinders.  My passenger (right) side brake line goes over the top of the frame rail.

I also want to use SS brake kits and fuel lines.  I have put these on my truck and jeeps in the past and have a few tricks to prevent issues with leaks.

I'm thinking about getting everything from SS Tubes including this MBM Brake kit: https://www.sstubes.com/collections/disc-brake-conversion-kits/products/rdc0001-66-74-mopar-b-body-e-body-front-disc-brake-conversion-kit-with-8-booster

does anyone have anything negative to say about their stuff of that brake kit?
any other recommendations?

Thanks!
Matt

b5blue

This is more correct and what I used on my 70 Charger.
https://www.inlinetube.com/products/bot32?currency=USD&variant=30329971703869&utm_medium=cpc&utm_
I replaced all my brake system with Inline's regular tubes also. I think you'll save a ton shopping disk kits.

matrout76

Thank you for the recommendations!

Do you know what size master cylinder comes with the Inline Tube power brake kit?

Thanks again!

b5blue

matrout76

i just received confirmation from Inline Tube that their MC does have 1 1/8" bore.

Thanks!

matrout76

to wrap up this thread:

I ordered the brake line kit for "manual drums" even though i am going to power disk brakes.  I am going to replace the drum-drum distribution block with a new disc-drum block that i also ordered from Inline.  The new block will mount in the exact same place as the old one and the rear brake line will connect the same way.  the front lines will go to the same places on the frame and if needed i can stretch the lines from the MC to the block.  It took me a while to think thru all of this, and it seems like the correct way to do this upgrade to power disc brakes.

I installed the rear brake line and fuel lines this weekend.  I have the USCT frame connectors and it was tough to route the lines thru the slot and holes in the support channels.  Being able to flip the car upside down on the rotisserie made it much easier!