News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is this part for ??

Started by 70 sublime, April 08, 2023, 09:59:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

So this is the first time I have had a 4 speed set up and got this kit of parts
The thin white washers go on the Z bar post before the rod
The black clip goes over the head of the post on the Z bar to keep the rod on
The 2 half round white plastic parts go inside the tube of the Z bar for it to pivot on

I do not know where these black rubber washers go ??
They are about the size to fill the end of the main tube on the Z bar but they are not strechy enough to go over the head or threaded end of the posts that go into the Z bar
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Alaskan_TA

They pop over the ball end of the studs, they are seals to keep the grease in & debris out of the tube.

I'll microwave a coffee cup full of water for a minute or two, then drop the seals in to soak for 30 seconds or so. That way they are supple enough to push into place.

70 sublime

That is what i was kind of thinking they looked like but could not find a picture

Thanks

70 sublime

OK another question

What is the purpose of the wire spring clip thing that is on the Z bar tube on the one end ??

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on April 08, 2023, 10:44:19 AMThey pop over the ball end of the studs, they are seals to keep the grease in & debris out of the tube.

I'll microwave a coffee cup full of water for a minute or two, then drop the seals in to soak for 30 seconds or so. That way they are supple enough to push into place.

what about the metal parts into the freezer? that's how I put on the water resistant watches rear cap when replacing batteries ( and sometimes is the only way to do it ). think that is faster an easier.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

70 sublime

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on April 08, 2023, 04:24:41 PM
Quote from: Alaskan_TA on April 08, 2023, 10:44:19 AMThey pop over the ball end of the studs, they are seals to keep the grease in & debris out of the tube.

what about the metal parts into the freezer? that's how I put on the water resistant watches rear cap when replacing batteries ( and sometimes is the only way to do it ). think that is faster an easier.

The round studs are not going to shrink to half size to get the rubber wash over them
Cup of hot water so they will stretch should work
I just could not see where they were used in any of the pictures I had found

birdsandbees

All covered in detail in my Super Bee sticky thread. The wire clip locks the delrin bearings in place on the rail side so the Z bar isn't moving back and forth when you shove the clutch in.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?msg=1632208
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

70 sublime