News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dash fratzog ornament

Started by AZMoparboy, May 02, 2023, 08:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZMoparboy

Just checking on what everyone thats working on their 1968 Charger rally dash do about the small medallion that sits between the two turn signal indicators. My project didn't come with one and from what I see that is available, these small Chrysler (fratzog) ornaments are so incredibly pricey. What are these little things made of? These things are running from $100 to $130. They are the size of a dime. Has anyone here purchased one lately? Is there a place that I might be able to get one that's not going to push my car budget over the limit?

Completely blown away,
Azmoparboy

hemi-hampton

What's a fratzog :shruggy:  can you post a picture of a fratzog :scratchchin:

AZMoparboy

Hi Old Timer, At first I didn't know what it was called and I ask google for an image of a Chrysler symbol in the shape of a triangle. Also they call it a fratzog, medallion. Just google, 1968 Dodge B-Body Rallye Dash Fratzog Emblem, and it will come up. Sorry, I'm not good at posting pictures on this website. I do know that if I need to know anything, this is the website to come and read or ask. The knowledge that all of the moderators and members have here are very good and that's why I come here.

Thanks for answering,
Steve

moparstuart

Mine has the bullseye. Not the fratzog
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

AZMoparboy

Which ever one you have is better than not having anything. When I get done building my 1968 Charger, it won't be numbers. It will be a nice drive. When you look at the dash, there is a rectangular hole, and I would look as near as possible, the correct fratzog. As far as my detective ability goes, all of the websites have it as a one year ornament and is the three pointed emblem. I would really like to know if you have different information on the correct ornament. That would really help me out much more.

Still searching,
Steve

hemi-hampton

OK, I've seen that emblem/symbol before, think my dog dish hub caps had them. just didn't know the name. Leon.

lloyd3

Mine's the Bullseye too.

JB400

It's my understanding that Charger's got the bullseye, because it matches the door emblem inside, and Coronet's and Super Bee's got the fratzog. 69's omitted these emblems

AZMoparboy

This topic has been very interesting. I just found this morning, an old thread here on dodgecharger.com that actually someone thinks they had put it together. The title, 68 Dash Medallion Which one????. The last entry on the thread said that if it was an early 1968 charger, the bull's-eye was installed. After a few months into the new year, 1968, it was changed to the Fratzog. And of course if it was a true RT, the RT medallion would have been installed in its dash. Again this is just by word of thread I read. I really do like getting into the history of Chrysler. If you know that your car was perfectly restored and accurate to all of its parts that it came with, and it had the Fratzog I would believe that it is correct.

I've looked up the two part numbers that are in the 68 charger integrated parts breakdown, IPC and it has two different part numbers for the dash. One of them is 2889 609 and the other is 2927 514. I couldn't find an image relating to those two part numbers anywhere.

At this point I am ready to put whatever looks correct and doesn't cost an arm and a leg for a small piece of plastic. My car will not be numbers matching so I just need to fill the hole, ha ha.

Take care,
Steve

BrugeeRT

I found a $15 RT Tie pin that looks just like the stock emblem and mounted it.
Mark

lloyd3

My '68 R/T is a late-year car (July 5th SPD) and it has the bullseye (which does match the emblem on the doors). So....?

moparstuart

Quote from: lloyd3 on May 06, 2023, 06:29:28 PMMy '68 R/T is a late-year car (July 5th SPD) and it has the bullseye (which does match the emblem on the doors). So....?
my non R/T suvivor is a April 1st of 68 build  and its the bullseye , so the early reference is a bust     
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

metallicareload99

Unfortunately I haven't seen any definitive evidence Charger's got the Fratzog. That's not gonna stop me tho. It's one of the overpriced repros but it looks good
1968, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth

A383Wing

Surely someone with a 3D printer should be able to print these out?

C500

The bulls eye is for the Rallye dash, Fratzog is standard dash. The R/T version never came out in production. These are for 68 only. The small space between the trun signals in a 69 isn't big enough for them to clip in, and instead there is a screw in it's place.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Dano 1

Quote from: A383Wing on May 08, 2023, 04:51:57 PMSurely someone with a 3D printer should be able to print these out?

This could definitely be done. I'd need either an original or some measurements to work from but otherwise it seems doable.

If anyone is interested shoot me a PM or email dan@nextgendesignsnc.com:2thumbs:
1969 Charger 383 2bbl, R4 red, White hat special project

Check out my website for 3D printed restoration parts and accessories.
www.nextgendesignsnc.com

Charger_Dart

My 68 R/T has the fratzog on the dash. It has a build date of July 15 so maybe they switched over from the bullseye on the later build's? I have owned the car for over 33 years and when I bought it it was a well worn original car that showed no signs of ever having the dash out so I would say its original.
68 Charger R/T & 68 Dart GT Convertible

Hemidog

Original fratzog on my 68.

AZMoparboy

So going through all the parts that came with my project I came across a front turn signal ornament that was a fratzog. I cut off the back of the ornament and it measured 7/8 of an inch, almost resembling the correct ornament for this location in the dash instrument cluster. Its not correct but close enough. I will attach it with clear double back tape and no one will ever know the difference but me. I have read that some people have even used a tie clips pen with the insignia or ornament and placed it over the rectangular holes to cover up the screw hole.

Azmoparboy

Wingnut426

I was just going through my stash of rally gauges and found a 68 bezel with a fratzog still on it! In really nice shape for being 55 years old! Anybody still needing one contact me. VEIGHTPETE@GMAIL.COM
HEMI Daytona Convertible