News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Washington State General Lee (WGL36)

Started by Dano 1, May 08, 2023, 08:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dano 1

Does anyone have contact information for the original owner of the Washington state Warner Brothers General Lee (WGL36)? Looking back at some old threads it looks like Jim Morgan was the original owner of the car after it was released by Warner Brothers - http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?topic=31891.0.

The car has since changed hands and I've come into posession of some parts from it when the current owner did some restoration work. I'm trying to determine what parts are original WB parts and what parts Jim may have changed during his ownership.

Thanks!
1969 Charger 383 2bbl, R4 red, White hat special project

Check out my website for 3D printed restoration parts and accessories.
www.nextgendesignsnc.com

HANDM

No info on the wherabouts of the car but I do clearly remember it from the Mopars Unlimited car shows back in the 90's.
It was full of Dukes toys, puzzles and whatnot. I also remember talking with the owner and him saying that he was going to replace the crumpled valence but couldn't because it was welded in place. I'm certain that I have pictures of it somewhere along with pictures of the pictures when Wayne Wooten loaded up the cars onto haulers at the WB studio lot.

Dano 1

Thanks for the info HANDM, if you come across any pictures of the car that'd be great! All the pictures in the old threads that mention it are long gone unfortunately.
1969 Charger 383 2bbl, R4 red, White hat special project

Check out my website for 3D printed restoration parts and accessories.
www.nextgendesignsnc.com

RallyeMike

I have not seen Jim or that car around here for years. I guess that would explain why.

I do know that when he first got the car from the Wooten/WB deal, it had a tan spray-painted interior. Even the dash panel was sprayed tan. He swapped most of it out for actual tan interior parts, but otherwise I thought was trying to keep the car as original as practical.

I hope the new owner has not restored too much. The value and interest in that car to me was in it's as-filmed condition.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Mike DC

Movie prop cars are always most valuable in screen-used condition, at least visually.  Same with a blaster gun from 'Star Wars' or a costume from 'Titanic.'  Props are valuable for their history, not how nice the fit-n-finish is.  Looking perfect is for replicas. 

In earlier 'Dukes' seasons the brownish vinyl paint was a ballpark substitute for factory Saddle Tan upholstery.  But in the later seasons (wide pushbars) they switched to the light tan color and they started spraying over everything, even factory tan & closeup cars. 

Painted prop-car interiors were common back when the OEMs built more interior colors.  In the 60s/70s Disney painted the interiors of their 'Herbie' Beetles a (non-factory) flat gray.  Some of them look like they were done with paintbrushes.