News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Battery suggestions

Started by comet_666, May 10, 2023, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comet_666

Currently running Optima red top, have had a few of these and they only last about 3 years or so. Anyone have any luck with other brands?

A383Wing

Have Interstate Batteries in all my cars....one even lasted 12 years in my Charger

comet_666

Yah I had one a handful of years back, not sure really what happened to it or where it went though lol

metallicareload99

Quote from: comet_666 on May 10, 2023, 02:41:49 PMCurrently running Optima red top, have had a few of these and they only last about 3 years or so. Anyone have any luck with other brands?

That's kinda discouraging, I've had a few bad brand-x batteries lately and exchanging for Optima is the "best" deal  :cussing:
1968, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth

b5blue

5 years with my Red Top and going strong still. Much depends on your charging system set up and how you care for it. I've a Denso 120amp Alt that puts out 60amp at idle and the "Fleet upgrade".  :scratchchin:

comet_666

Yah I think my 100 amp alt is junk, I watched it today as it was warming up with lights and high beams on, it drops steadly from 14.6v at start up, down to 119 volts after the fans kicked in at 170 F, not sure if that is the battery or alt or what tbh.

doctor4766

I have been using Bosch batteries in the last few years as the local battery joint was appointed the distributer and they give me trade prices.
I've a really good run in all my cars, including the Charger which didn't see a lot of road time in the last couple of years before I sold it. Not even weak cranking after not being started for months sometimes.
Gotta love a '69

Mopar Nut

Quote from: A383Wing on May 10, 2023, 03:33:03 PMHave Interstate Batteries in all my cars....one even lasted 12 years in my Charger

I've had good luck with Interstate batteries too. Bought them through Costco.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

XH29N0G

I have had a mopar brand battery since 2012.  I charge it each year with one of the norco ? genius chargers to keep it topped up and disconnect it after each drive.  I just realized it is still running strong.  I am guessing it should run out soon.  The people that bought it for me said they liked them.  I have read that many batteries are made by the same companies, but I thought I would post this in case it is of any use for others.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

metallicareload99

:iagree: as I understand, for "regular" batteries, they are made by either Johnson Controls or East Penn.....
1968, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth