News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Reproduction Center Console?

Started by blue69, June 11, 2023, 09:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue69

Does anyone sell 69 b-body center consoles in colors? I'd like to buy a dark blue 4 speed one, but all the ones I see for sale are black. If not, is Mopaint still in business? I bought some vinyl dye off them ~20 years ago and it was perfect.

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

b5blue

OEM has a line of interior paint in spray, the B-5 Blue was good.

blue69

Thanks guys. How is the grain on the new ones compared to the originals? I have a crack on the back of my original auto console. I could likely plastic weld it back together, cut it for a 4 speed and repaint it.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: blue69 on June 12, 2023, 08:42:24 PMThanks guys. How is the grain on the new ones compared to the originals? I have a crack on the back of my original auto console. I could likely plastic weld it back together, cut it for a 4 speed and repaint it.
There's a member here that sells a piece that strengthens it, you still have to glue it.

https://www.nextgendesignsnc.com/products/p/tt0qdm4kui7ohf8u8dvwqhow2pqkpj

IMG_4885.jpeg
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

purple70rt

Quote from: blue69 on June 12, 2023, 08:42:24 PMThanks guys. How is the grain on the new ones compared to the originals? I have a crack on the back of my original auto console. I could likely plastic weld it back together, cut it for a 4 speed and repaint it.
The one I bought from Tony's parts is perfect, grain is dead on in my opinion and they weight was nearly exact as well

Mopar Nut

Quote from: purple70rt on June 13, 2023, 08:38:41 PM
The one I bought from Tony's parts is perfect, grain is dead on in my opinion and they weight was nearly exact as well
Same here, the one I got from Tony's is a perfect same grain as my original green console.

Black Consoles matter too.

Mytur Binsdirti

375instroke

If you're going to paint it, make sure it's perfectly clean.  I wash plastic and vinyl with trisodium phosphate, or TSP,  a ScotchBrite, and plenty of water to flush away any trace of mold release.  Very important when working with old used parts that may have years of Armor All, or whatever on them.

JimShine

Quote from: 375instroke on June 19, 2023, 09:18:50 AMIf you're going to paint it, make sure it's perfectly clean.  I wash plastic and vinyl with trisodium phosphate, or TSP,  a ScotchBrite, and plenty of water to flush away any trace of mold release.  Very important when working with old used parts that may have years of Armor All, or whatever on them.

Agreed! These plastics tend to look really faded and/or chalky when thoroughly cleaned. The only thing keeping them looking normal is a layer of oils, silicone, wax, etc. Stuff that doesn't belong under the paint.

blue69

Thanks guys. I ended up ordering a new center console from Legendary Auto Interiors. Since I was ordering a new carpet, the console only cost $30 extra to ship. Not bad. I ordered the top pieces from PG Classic, they are having a good sale now. I think I finally have everything on the way for my 4 speed swap. It's time to get to work.