News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

instrument lights stuck on

Started by BillT, June 16, 2023, 10:10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillT

Hello electrical gurus,

I recently drove at night so I worked my headlight switch a few times. I noticed when I got home that my instrument lights did not turn off. Strangely the parking lights and headlights are not on, just the cluster. I'm thinking headlight switch is the cause but this does not make sense that only the cluster is on and I do not see how that could be possible with just a 2 position switch. Ideas?

Thanks,
Bill

b5blue

Move the "Thumb wheel" a bit.  :scratchchin:

BillT

I will try the thumb wheel action. Also forgot to mention 1969 model.

70 sublime

Does your dome light work when you open the doors ?
I think if you roll the dimmer wheel all the way up it makes the dome light come on
Not sure if it makes the dash lights come on also when all the way up
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

BillT

Hi fellas,

Tried manipulating the thumb wheel and headlight switch. Dome lights come on when opening the doors and when spinning the thumb wheel all the way up. But no change ‐ the instrument lights stay on at all times. This is so strange.

Dino

It has to be the dimmer switch. You are getting power on and off from the dimmer and headlight switch, except fot the instrument lights which are the orange wires. Those get fused power from the tan wire which comes from the dimmer switch. Of the 3 connectors on that switch it's the middle one. With the dimmer off, see if you still get power from that connector.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

BillT

Thanks I will investigate this.

-Bill

Wingnut426

When I bought my first Superbird, the car had the same problem.  The wire in the back of the fuse box for the dash lights was touching the next fuse over. Make sure nothing is crossing. WINGNUT
HEMI Daytona Convertible