News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Brake Pedal Assembly Brace

Started by Gregory, June 21, 2023, 07:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory

I'm having trouble fining a schematic of all the braces for the brake pedal assembly. 69 charger, automatic and power brakes.

Question is do I have all the braces for install. Is there 3 or 4? Also what goes in these mounting holes circled in orange?

Can anyone snap a picture under the dash for me please. Thanks.

375instroke

I took some pics.  They may answer your questions.  Looks like you have everything but the bolts and the power booster linkage which is available new.

This is the right side showing the holes you have circled.  Firewall is right.  Manual master cylinder uses the four lower shiny bolts.  A power booster will use the top and bottom holes.  The two lower empty holes near bottom right are used with the power brake linkage:

This is looking back a bit towards the gauges:

This is a little closer:

Gregory

Awesome! Thank you very much! That is very helpful.

The two upper most bolts, the top one I circled and the one to the left that's not circled. What goes behind that? It's not threaded on the bracket, I assume there is a bracket that goes behind it?

Thank you for the help, I feel confident now I can take it apart, sand blast, paint and install it.

375instroke

There's a bracket welded to the car with captive nuts.

Gregory

Ahhh gotcha! That makes sense. I could look on my car however my car is not in my garage. But should be in the next few weeks.

IMG_8609.jpeg

Kern Dog

Quote from: 375instroke on June 25, 2023, 05:25:06 PMI took some pics.  They may answer your questions.  Looks like you have everything but the bolts and the power booster linkage which is available new.

This is the right side showing the holes you have circled.  Firewall is right.  Manual master cylinder uses the four lower shiny bolts.  A power booster will use the top and bottom holes.  The two lower empty holes near bottom right are used with the power brake linkage:

This is looking back a bit towards the gauges:

This is a little closer:

How do you get the pictures you posted to show full size? Every picture I've posted comes out small....you have to click on them afterwards to get them to UPsize.
What am I doing wrong?

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Kern Dog on September 30, 2023, 03:24:39 AMHow do you get the pictures you posted to show full size? Every picture I've posted comes out small....you have to click on them afterwards to get them to UPsize.
What am I doing wrong?
After you hit upload you got to hit insert.

IMG_5902.jpeg
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Kern Dog

Kern Dog

Hmmm.
I'll try again with a bigger picture.

01 NASCAR.jpg

Kern Dog

b5blue

Yea why is it still called NASCAR?  :shruggy:

Kern Dog

North
American
Stock
Car
Auto
Racing.

Well, the racing is still in North America even if the cars are not all built here.

b5blue

Kern Dog

Well, yeah.....
There wasn't much left stock back in the glory days either. Even the bodies were altered in subtle ways to cheat the wind.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Kern Dog on September 30, 2023, 12:48:33 PMHoly crap, it works!  :cheers:

Thank you!

That's what these great forums are all about, helping other members.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

375instroke

Quote from: Kern Dog on September 30, 2023, 03:24:39 AMHow do you get the pictures you posted to show full size? Every picture I've posted comes out small....you have to click on them afterwards to get them to UPsize.
What am I doing wrong?

I use a third party hosting site, then use the [img] tag, although that leaves us open to what Photobucket did.