News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Non Cancelling Turn Signal

Started by GreatOne34, July 06, 2023, 01:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreatOne34

Good day all Charger gurus. As this has been a topic before, which I have attempted to research  :brickwall: , I believe my need is a bit different. Turn signal stalk and cancel cam have been replaced as I broke the stalk getting into he car one day and hit it with my leg and it snapped. However, even with these part replaced, the signals still do not cancel. I did not do the work, so that is why I am here now. Is the a "finger" on the steering wheel that actuates the turn signal cancel cam? I cannot find anything on this anywhere and would rather not spend on another steering wheel to find out. So again, is there a piece on the back of the steering wheel that works this, or is it something else? And how easy is it to replace? Thanks much in advance for the replies, I greatly appreciate the sharing of your wealth of knowledge on all things Charger and hope everyone has a great day.

MK

Dino

Yes it's a piece on the back of the steering wheel. Pop the wheel off and see if it's there.

C27ACE29-982D-4465-9EE8-8DD07E5DAD43.jpeg
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

GreatOne34

Dino,

Thanks much for the reply and pic. Is that piece permanently attached tot he wheel or is it a piece that I can replace? Again, I appreciate your time and insight. I hope you have a great day.

MK

70 sublime

I swapped out the turn signal part once and the new one was not cancelling either
Turned out I did not crank the nut down on the steering wheel far enough to pull the wheel all the way on for that little dog to catch
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Dino

Weird, I replied to this yesterday but it didn't go through. Anyway, if you can find the piece itself it would be easy to install, but I've never seen them. You could just weld a piece of rod on there as well. What steering wheel do you have?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.