News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

15-inch rims on the back, 14-inch on the front, will that work w/o complication?

Started by lloyd3, July 07, 2023, 09:51:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lloyd3

Other than needing to change the speedometer gear to correct the readout, what should I be concerned with? I'm figuring on using 275/60/15s on a set of 15x8-inch Magnum 500s in the back on a stock R/T suspension (w/Dana 60). I'm hoping not to need air shocks. I'll pick the two nicest stock (original) rims for the front and use whatever seems to be an appropriate size of tire there, probably close to what I'm already using (~235/70/14s).

The tires will likely be T/A Radials (I can get them at Costco!).  Anybody here have experience with such a set-up? I'm not planning on needing air-shocks to eliminate tire contact in the rear wheel-wells.  How will this effect rake, ride height, or handling? Any other concerns I should be aware of?

This shouldn't be a big deal, but I've taken significant steps to keep this car as original as possible over the last 27-years. This is quite a departure for me.

John_Kunkel

Lots of people have run 14's in the front and 15's in the back including me when circumstances dictate it (money/availability) without problems.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

lloyd3