News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Exhaust tail pipe slightly too big to fit tips

Started by Dino, July 15, 2023, 05:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

I have the 2.5" TTI system, but didn't get their tips. I got a set on Ebay.

I cut the tailpipes to length so I could slide all of the collar onto them. The tips slide on about an inch and then get stuck. BFH doesn't advance them far enough and I also don't want to damage the tips. I've used antiseize and silicon grease but neither helps. I ground off a little bit around the tailpipe, and cleaned the inside of the tips' sleeves. I don't think I should remove more material. The tips are SS. What's the best way to get these one? Cut slits in the tailpipe? Is there a clamp that would reduce the diameter? I need very little reduction.

Screenshot_20230715_181836_eBay.jpg
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

70 sublime

We have an exhaust pipe expander
It is a circle of wedges and a bolt affair down the center that you tighten up and it pulls the wedges out
Sounds like you are very close to sliding on
Do not know if something like that would work on the stainless to get it just a little bigger
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Dino

I don't think the expander would work since the collar is welded to the tip, but it's worth a shot!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.