News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Brake master cylinder for manual front disc/rear drum system?

Started by Daytona R/T SE, July 19, 2023, 08:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

I'm needing an old style "looking" Brake master cylinder for a manual front disc/rear drum system in a '69 charger.

It needs to look late '60's early '70's. :scope:

I don't want anything with plastic caps or reservoirs, or an aluminum body, or anything that says "Wilwood" on it or one of those 87 pound  master cylinders swiped off a Nova or Silverado truck that everybody is sticking on their Mopars now a days. :rotz:

I read somewhere once that a certain year "A" body manual master cylinder and distribution block could be used, but that old magazine has been lost to the sands of time.

Also, from the dark reaches of my fading mind, I seem to remember there was '70 Dodge Coronet Taxi cab with manual front disc/rear drums???

:shruggy:

b5blue

Look on Rockauto for a Raybestos one. have you linkage and plate also? (I may have that from when I used manual.)

Daytona R/T SE

I think I have the plate and studs, I know I have the rod and pivot bolt.

I'm not sure what to order...one for a Dart? Coronet taxi cab?

I guess I need specifics on what to look for... 

b5blue

Dino

I ordered a new Raybestos years ago for disc/drum. I probably still have it in a box on the shelf as I ended up with disc/disc.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.