News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tic Toc Tac How much is one worth ?

Started by 70 sublime, July 19, 2023, 05:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

I was at a friends house yesterday helping with his 69 mopar project
The dash was all out mounted on a bench and he was sorting out all the wires on the back
The dash had a factory tac in it but sitting beside it on the bench was a nice original spare one

He asked if I knew anyone that would be interested in the spare
I am interested but just looked at it to see what it was like
I asked if he knew if it worked or not but he does not know

Buddy is finishing up his project and moving out of town in a month so I need to do something soon on it
Big question is does the tac part fail very often ?
Not really worried about the clock if it works or not as I seem to always un hook the battery and the clock would never be the right time very often anyways

So what would a used good one or maybe dead one tic toc tac be worth ??
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

RallyeMike

I'm interested in this too. I took the one of my 69 to install the standard clock which it originally would have come with. I have no use for it.  :popcrn:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

JimShine

An unchecked core is probably worth around $175-200 on average. You don't have to wait too long to grab one at that price. Lots of folks asking north of $400 and not selling them.

70 sublime

I was thinking at the most $200 not knowing if it worked

If it does not work who fixes them or is it hard to replace the part inside that stopped working ?

purple70rt

I got 300 for the last one I sold on ebay. Was untested but looked great. I bought one of the OEM reproductions, looks and works great. I did replace the blue bulb insert with an original one as the color was off a little when dash lights were on and it drove me crazy. Was cool to see an actual working clock.

John_Kunkel

Quote from: 70 sublime on July 22, 2023, 12:14:18 AMI was thinking at the most $200 not knowing if it worked

If it does not work who fixes them or is it hard to replace the part inside that stopped working ?

I'd actually rather have one that's known not to work at a cheaper price and then send it to Tachman for updated internals.

http://www.tachman.com/mopar.htm
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

70 sublime

Good or bad it is mine now
Tried to get it for $200 but he had already stuck it in a cluster so had to give $300 for everything
Spare parts are always good to have

He said it cost him $350 just for the tac and shipping by the time he got it here in Canada