News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Brake light won't fully go out

Started by Dino, July 26, 2023, 02:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

I'm not sure what I did wrong. It turns on when you depress the parking brake. But when I turn it off, the bulb stays dimly lit. Any ideas?

20230726_150039.jpg

20230726_150047.jpg 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

John_Kunkel

The switch on the pedal provides a ground for the bulb, be sure the wire leading to the switch isn't touching ground somewhere between the switch and the light.

Also, that light comes on if there is an imbalance in the system, disconnect the wire from the switch on the brake safety tee to eliminate that as the source.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Dino

armor64

is it an LED bulb? i had an issue like this with that and turn signal bulbs, that would stay lit due to a grounding issue on the cluster. 

Dino

It is an LED bulb, but it's the same one I've had in there for a long time and it never gave me this issue. I added a ton of wiring to the car so I need to go through it all. I'll change the bulb anyway to rule it out. Thanks!  :cheers: