News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Death Proof - Awesome Mopar footages!

Started by Nickrc3, July 29, 2023, 10:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickrc3

I may be a bit dated in this thread, but it is my first viewing of this movie. Just finished watching the flick 'Death Proof' on Tubi. This film is typical Quentin Tarantino w/ bizarre ending, but featuring a 69' Charger and a 70' Challenger in outstanding car chases!

Kern Dog

I accepted the shortcomings in that movie because I love to see real car stunts, not the horrible computer generated junk from the stupid Fast and Furious movies.
DeathProof had a LOT of typical Tarantino long-winded dialog only in this case, it was WOMEN talking.
I won't watch movies that are primarily focused on women. I don't watch the Lifetime or WE network. Tarantino loves extended dialog. Oddly, I did enjoy his last movie..."Once upon a time in Hollywood" since it merged actual real history with some alternate outcomes.
I do hate to see classic cars destroyed in movies but that poses a bit or a paradox....I like real stunts but don't like seeing desirable cars destroyed.