News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any experts here on 50s Mopars?

Started by Dino, August 05, 2023, 11:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

As I understand, there's a 59 Dodge Coronet, Royal, and Custom Royal. Same body but different trim. Is the Lancer the 2 door version of each? More importantly, where can I find one of the high optioned ones?! I like them!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

71charger_fan

There's an illustration of a four door Custom Royal Lancer in the 1959 Dodge brochure.

http://lov2xlr8.no/brochures/dodge/59dodge/bilder/3.jpg

Daytona R/T SE

Not sure where to find one, but if you run across somebody with a '59 Custom Royal Lancer two door hardtop that would rather have a Charger project car, send him my way :icon_smile_big:

A '59 Custom Royal Lancer Convertible would be OK too.

b5blue

70 sublime

Ha ha  Sounds like you are looking around :)

I had 2 Chargers and let one go a month ago
They are worth stupid money right now
I re invested the money in more cattle for our farm

My other car I am watching out for is a 1956 Chev
I used to have one back in the 1980's before I got married but let it go when we were building our house
Never got it done far enough to drive it on the road
Would like to finish what was started so long ago and drive one
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

RallyeMike

I have a 60 Plymouth Suburban Wagon and 57 Coronet Club Coupe, and previously a 61 Chrysler Newport HT and a 57 Custom Royal. Go to the guys at Forwardlook.net. They have a deep knowledge base. That's where I get my tutoring!

As to where to find them? Good luck as production on many FL cars, especially in high trim levels is quite low. You just have to spend a lot of time searching and be prepared to wait until you can find something you want. Be aware that there are a lot of rust issues with these cars and repro parts are very, very scarce.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

71charger_fan

My first car was a '59 Coronet two door. It had a 326-2V with the 2-speed, pushbutton automatic. I got it in 1977. In all these years, I've only seen two other '59 Dodges on the road (not counting Carlisle).

Dino

I've found a few Coronets and a loaded Custom Royal... but it's pink.  :lol:
I would like one just to cruise around, no project Blue!  :lol:

71charger_fan

The fin-era Mopars became very popular in Scandinavia and many of the nicest ones have been exported over the last 25 years.

Dino

Quote from: 71charger_fan on August 09, 2023, 02:24:47 PMThe fin-era Mopars became very popular in Scandinavia and many of the nicest ones have been exported over the last 25 years.

The cleanest classics can be found in Scandinavia. I envy the quality of your roads. I would love driving around there.

F8-4life

WMopar71

There's a decent 59 Lancer on Bring A Trailer. It's at $20K and ends in 5 days.