News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

More gremlins...

Started by Dino, August 11, 2023, 06:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Apart from the brake warning light not completely going out, all the electrical seemed to work fine, even with all my addons. Until I looked at my taillights today...
This is with the ignition on, everything else off. The lights go out when I open the driver side door, so it's related to the door switch, which is brand new. No effect opening or closing the passenger door. Sometimes only the driver side tail light lights up. When I pull the socket from the housing the passenger side goes on. I put the socket back and it stays out, until I plug the other socket back in. What the heck!  :lol:
The switch and wiring seems fine. No damage I can see.

20230811_180146.jpg
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

70 sublime

Poor ground someplace ??
I had one hood blinker and dash blinker indicator light that I noticed in the dark one night coming on and it was because of a poor ground in the front valance light when I did not even have a blinker turned on
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Dino

I do think it's a bad ground somewhere, I just don't know where! I added so many wires to this car, it's going to be fun finding the culprit!

b5blue

Did you make schematics for the changes? Will this happen for ether side door?  :scratchchin: 

Dino

I have all the changes I made on paper, but not a true schematic. I should make one. Either way, I know what goes where. The issue only happens with the driver side door. No problem with the passenger door.
Why just the middle bulbs though and not the outers.

Dino

I have checked and checked again. I cannot find the culprit. The driver side rear center bulb lights up with the ignition on and the door closed. Wiggle it and the other middle rear goes on. Open the door and lights go out. I'm stumped.

b5blue

The rear harness connects behind the kick panel. Open it up and take a look.  :scratchchin: 

Dino

I did but I don't see anything obvious. I'll look again though. The door switch is new, I don't see how that one could be the issue but I'll swap in the old one just to rule it out.

b5blue

The switch supplies ground right? (I don't use the door switches.)

70 sublime

Sounds like a grounding problem someplace
Do you have the battery grounded to the engine block and the rad support ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green