News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Been awile

Started by F8-4life, August 17, 2023, 09:27:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F8-4life

I used to post on this site alot, and have been absent for the last 5+ years or so. Some might remember me? Just wanted to say hi, and that I still own my charger. With the market the way it is, it is certainly tempting to sell it but as a true enthusiast I am happy to keep it. I do have a 69 roadrunner for sale right now if anyone is interested. Also wanted to say I always appreciated this site and had alot of fun being apart of it for awile.

b5blue

F8-4life

tan top

:wave: good to see ya   :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Dino

Welcome back! Keep the Charger. You'll just use the money on frivolous things like bills, and crap you don't need.  :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Mike DC

FJ5WING

Whats Up brothers! Since we're giving updates. I sold the V code Superbird I owned since 1986 and bought this 70 R/T convertible.

RT @ Collegeville.jpg
wingless now, but still around.

F8-4life

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: F8-4life on August 17, 2023, 09:27:10 AMI used to post on this site alot, and have been absent for the last 5+ years or so.

You haven't missed much. This site is dying a slow death. In fact, things are so slow here that your last post from 5 years ago is on page three.

Kern Dog

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on August 21, 2023, 08:33:18 AMYou haven't missed much. This site is dying a slow death. In fact, things are so slow here that your last post from 5 years ago is on page three.

Well, feel free to chime in more often!
It will take guys with initiative and fortitude to increase traffic for the site. Dodge made all the classic Chargers that they were going to make so the amount of them still out there isn't growing. WE can increase site traffic by posting here more, if only to comment on someone else's project.
 :2thumbs:

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Kern Dog on August 21, 2023, 12:38:01 PM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on August 21, 2023, 08:33:18 AMYou haven't missed much. This site is dying a slow death. In fact, things are so slow here that your last post from 5 years ago is on page three.

Well, feel free to chime in more often!
It will take guys with initiative and fortitude to increase traffic for the site. Dodge made all the classic Chargers that they were going to make so the amount of them still out there isn't growing. WE can increase site traffic by posting here more, if only to comment on someone else's project.
 :2thumbs:

Unfortunately, there isn't much worth commenting on in here anymore. It isn't even worth trying to post my latest build thread because posting pictures is just as difficult as ever.

F8-4life

Haha my old post has only moved to page 3. I for one loved and continue to love this site, I always thought of it as a more dedicated charger site, with great aero car info to boot. Too many Roadrunners over on FBBO and other crap.  While it's hayday might have been back when I posted more 5-10+ yrs ago, even with slower traffic there is ton's of good older threads on here with great info and cars which I would be content to read.

JB400

I, too, also still like being able to be here. I don't post here as much either, but I think it has more to do with a shift in priorities than anything.

Charger_Fan

Hehe, nice to see some of the "old" guys posting in this thread. One of these days I'm gonna figure out how to get my avatar back, along with my old sig line. Until then, there is my bike with it's (very) short story.  :icon_smile_big:

FJ5WING, that's a sweet looking Coronet R/T Vert! :drool5:

So for me, three years ago, I went to the dark side a little, and landed an old show car, a '77 C3 Vette with around a 25Yyo "House of Kolors" Paint job. Nowdays it's a good 10-footer. Fun to cruise around, even wearing some old scars mostly on the long hood. This car came with a box full of large & smaller awards, plaques, ribbons, and honorable mentions in various magazines from it's previous life as a show car.

The '17 Taurus lurking back there is me too, my first ever "new car", bought in 11/17 when it was 4 months old.
It has only seen rain maybe 6 days, and snow twice...both snow days turned to slush by maybe 10:00am. Then it was back into dry dock! :D

Here it is around 8 months old...

Then after a fresh window tinting a couple months later...

JB400, glad to see you here! :P

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Old Moparz

Quote from: Charger_Fan on September 12, 2023, 03:32:34 AMOne of these days I'm gonna figure out how to get my avatar back, along with my old sig line. Until then, there is my bike with it's (very) short story.  :icon_smile_big:

Troy charges $19.95 for your old avatars & sigs. He doesn't use paypal or venmo & only accepts cash.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

426HemiChick

Quote from: Old Moparz on September 12, 2023, 09:55:30 AM
Quote from: Charger_Fan on September 12, 2023, 03:32:34 AMOne of these days I'm gonna figure out how to get my avatar back, along with my old sig line. Until then, there is my bike with it's (very) short story.  :icon_smile_big:

Troy charges $19.95 for your old avatars & sigs. He doesn't use paypal or venmo & only accepts cash.
Quote from: Old Moparz on September 12, 2023, 09:55:30 AM

Hi Old Moparz, Charger_Fan,          14 November 2023

Glad you're back. Don't blame Troy for only wanting cash, though it's risky since the credit worthiness of our poor old country is being destroyed before our very eyes.

These days we only accept Gold and Silver Bullion/Coins which will always be worth something. The way thing are going we'll be using our paper dollars in the bathroom in the not too distant future. And, hold your breath if we are so lucky as to have the "Dictators" in "Warshington" unleash their Digital Currency on us. Once that happens, we'll be like Canada and its "Commie PM" Justin Pierre James Trudeau.   

Best Always
426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court