News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger Power Window Wiring

Started by RT/SE, August 31, 2023, 08:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RT/SE

I'm getting ready to install the dash on my 69 RT/SE Charger.  My car originally came with power windows.  I have my original power window harness that lays on the floor of the car and plugs into the power window motors then runs up into drivers kick panel area. Fortunately, that harness is in good shape.  My dash harness had to be replaced because the original had been spliced many times before I owned the car. 

I do have the factory wiring which connects the power window harness to the circuit breaker on the rear of the gauge cluster. I have attached a photo of that wiring and labeled the connectors #1-#5.  I'm trying to figure out the connectors and I'm stumped on #2 and #3. Here's what I've come up with so far:

#1. Plugs into connector on power window circuit breaker on rear of gauge cluster.
#2.
#3.
#4. Power Window Relay
#5. Plugs into power window harness that lays on floor and runs up into drivers kick panel area.

Any help with connectors #2 and #3 would be greatly appreciated!! Would be much easier to address things if needed before the dash is installed. I've also attached a photo of the circuit breaker I mentioned. Thank you!!

John_Kunkel

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

RT/SE

Thank you John for posting a picture of the diagram.  I uploaded a close up picture of plugs #2 and #3.  The wires are tan and orange. I may be missing it but is the diagram showing plugs #2 and #3?  I see the writing that states "To Instrument Panel Wiring."  Thanks again!!   

RT/SE

Okay - I think my power window wiring mystery has been sorted out.  I've attached some additional photos for reference. Thank you!!