News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

RM23U0A170871 - Auburn, Indiana 2023 Labor Day weekend auction

Started by held1823, September 02, 2023, 11:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

WINGIN IT

Watched that one live. Rawling's car from Gas Monkey Garage. He bought it for $200K about a year ago...

cudavic

By the looks of that fender tag that car must have been in some rough shape prior to being restored.

DownZero

Is it me or does it look like 3 of the gauges are missing the needles?

70 sublime

Quote from: DownZero on September 04, 2023, 07:39:56 PMIs it me or does it look like 3 of the gauges are missing the needles?

I am looking at the pictures on my computer screen and can see the needle for the gas tank and water temp gauge
Would guess the oil pressure needle is there too
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Birdflu

Quote from: cudavic on September 03, 2023, 07:48:45 AMBy the looks of that fender tag that car must have been in some rough shape prior to being restored.

I think the same thing when I see tags with rust holes in them...

70 sublime

Think I would rather see a tag with rust holes in it that a fancy crisp brand new tag that everyone will question if the car is real and match the tag
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Birdflu

That is why the inspection marks on a tag are so important. Those cannot be duplicated easily.

GreatOne34

Birdflu,

Not trying to hijack thread, please forgive me OP, but what is the inspection mag on the tag :icon_smile_question: ? Just trying to educate myself. I appreciate the time and hope everyone has a great day.

MK

Birdflu

An original fender tag will 'usually' have been stamped by an inspector. When this was actually done...I'm not sure. I circled the '22' inspector number that was stamped from the back side of the tag. '22' is a very common mark on an original Superbird tag. Mine has the same number stamp.

Birdflu

We'll, apparently I haven't figured out how to post a URL picture. Look in the upper rh corner of the fender tag. You will see a larger font '22' that was stamped from the back side arbitrarily. Hope this helps!