News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gean Gregory...

Started by Daytona R/T SE, September 11, 2023, 01:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

For those of you that knew him, or have used some of his wing car or E body parts, Gean Gregory passed away on Saturday 9/9/23.

hemigeno

Sad news - thanks for letting us know...

Daytona R/T SE

WINGIN IT

Sad news for sure. Thank you for letting us know.

Unwind

I had the pleasure of meeting Gene in 2002.  I purchased a cone for my car in 2000....

As it went , I could not get a trucking company to pick and deliver to me in Canada after it was finished....without paying some exorbitant fees or "we won't go there..". 

I would call Gene with updates after it was built and at one point I mentioned I was somewhat concerned about what would happen if he died with my cone still sitting in his shop?  His response ..."no need to worry - my daughter knows about the hassles you are having. If I'm dead she will take care of you. It is tucked away in a safe spot in a very sturdy shipping crate and whenever things happen it is ready to ship". 

I went to Kansas City in 2002 with my Dad for an Airflow Club of America meet.  Took an afternoon to blast over to Alhambra and get my cone. 

Gene was very gracious in showing me what he did and how he did it.  Molds for elastomeric bumpers etc and the bumpers he had in stock to make those as well as pieces to make shaker hoods and scoops. The stack  of approximately 20 non-shaker Barracuda hoods leaning against a wall still remains vivid in my head. It was a cool 2 hours with Gene.

He did have an interesting gig...
Bobby.

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

hemi68charger

Ah man.. Sad news indeed... I remember talking to him years ago, he was just ready to get out of the sheetmetal business.. I hope he enjoyed the later years of his life.
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection