News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finally moving forward with restoration for the 68

Started by tmaleck, September 26, 2023, 05:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmaleck

After two plus years, I found a shop willing to take on the hosed up restoration of my 68.  They have gotten the wiring almost done, Edlebrock Proflow is hooked up, exhaust is on and even the Wildwood brakes are connected.  I did have a moment of weakness and bought the Dakota Digital dash.  Seems silly since I restored the cluster with all OE gauges.  I think it all fits my 70 so I do have a use for it.  I should have some pictures soon.  Hoping for a Halloween startup.

70 sublime

Good that you are still at it and did not just give it away to get out of it
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

tmaleck

The new shop is kicking it.  He has the new Dakota Digital Dash, Rondondo Beach radio and Vintage Air all installed.  This is still the sexiest dashboard and instrument cluster ever (followed closely by electra glow).  This has me excited about getting this done after all the disappointments of the past.digital dash.jpgpassenger dash.jpg 

tmaleck

He has the engine bay mostly put together as well.
engine right.jpgengine left.jpg 

armor64

I know it does not affect anything, but i do like how the sound deadener was lined up straight across. Never to be seen but still nice to see.

tmaleck

More news.  The prior shop seemed to be having trouble getting the TTi exhaust to fit.  Their solution was to loosen the K-Frame, slide it as far right as possible and the angle the engine on the mounts so that the trans mount was almost two inches off center to the right. After this didn't work, they took a hammer to the pipes to make it fit.  If they had been successful, the car would likely have killed me on the test drive.  I'll attach some of their handiwork.
exhaust.jpg

hemi-hampton

tmaleck

Quote from: hemi-hampton on October 26, 2023, 07:18:14 PMAre you getting it repainted? Curious :scratchchin:
I'm leaning towards it, but if we find too many more surprises it may have to wait.

tmaleck

Update:  The shop has the K-Frame back in proper alignment, so that piece of 'quality work' is fixed.  Exhaust is installed so may be ready for start up late next week.
Quote from: tmaleck on October 27, 2023, 03:14:10 PM
Quote from: hemi-hampton on October 26, 2023, 07:18:14 PMAre you getting it repainted? Curious :scratchchin:
I'm leaning towards it, but if we find too many more surprises it may have to wait.