News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new repop P/S coolers for superbird

Started by DoubleDlover, October 08, 2023, 06:46:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoubleDlover

Has anyone got one yet? Are they worth the high price??

DoubleDlover

Man i love how no one at all has any feedback on these here. LOL I figured this would be the place.... Guess im wrong. LOL

70 sublime

Maybe if you post a link for the cooler in question would help ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

birdsandbees

Nothing wrong with my OE one... sorry.  :icon_smile_big:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Kern Dog

Quote from: 70 sublime on November 13, 2023, 08:42:33 AMMaybe if you post a link for the cooler in question would help ?
No, it isn't that.
People have dropped off of the radar around this site. It is a sad thing too. It can't be blamed on bad moderators. Moparts is a ghost town for that reason along with their greed for ad revenue from that Infolinks garbage.
For B Bodies Only still is going strong and seems to grow.
I do wish that there was more site traffic here though. It is nice to sometimes conspire with fellow Charger enthusiasts.

tan top

not sure if this any help or just confusing things
many many years ago  wanted to fit the OEM saginaw power steering cooler to mine , spent quite some time looking for a good so i thought original for sensible money, both i bought had previously been repaired, rust pin holes had been brazed shut many many years before then painted by the look of it none of it had just been done to sell you could tell the repairs were old, 
(see random picture off the net ive arrowed where pin holes were in both know were to look if your actually looking at them in real life as apposed to internet & picture only  NOT  seeing & holding  inspecting in real life  :slap:  :cryin:  :P 
& by the time i stripped the paint & blasted etc , you could see more rust specks nearly making pin holes etc , yes could of brazed / soldered them shut but there was so many would of been silly imo, & thought  do i really want to put a repaired original cooler on mine thats had many rust pin holes , seeing as i had done a nut & bolt restoration on my charger & just rebuilt my original sagnaw pump &  a firm feel steering box  :scratchchin:  :down:  was about to pull the trigger on a repop from glenray radiators, then thought mine is not that stock under the hood now do i really want an OEM type thats already making things tight for removing number 1 plug, thought about it some more then life got in the way then found out he discontinued the OEM type, thats as far as i got but in answer to your question if you need a OEM type cooler buy a a new or NOS if you can  :Twocents:

3876544567856789325678rtyu.jpeg
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

6PakBee

Quote from: Kern Dog on November 14, 2023, 04:10:42 AM
Quote from: 70 sublime on November 13, 2023, 08:42:33 AMMaybe if you post a link for the cooler in question would help ?
No, it isn't that.
People have dropped off of the radar around this site. It is a sad thing too. It can't be blamed on bad moderators. Moparts is a ghost town for that reason along with their greed for ad revenue from that Infolinks garbage.
For B Bodies Only still is going strong and seems to grow.
I do wish that there was more site traffic here though. It is nice to sometimes conspire with fellow Charger enthusiasts.

I've noted the same thing on Moparts.  My opinion, the generation that worked on cars and enjoyed working on cars is getting both older and dying off.  The younger crowd simply wants to use a checkbook to get what they want.  For them the only thrill is driving, not maintaining nor building.

Kern Dog

You may be right. THAT is a depressing thought.
I'm still an avid gearhead though. I'm glad to hear from others that are as well.

70 sublime

I bought a nice original cooler here a couple weeks ago that popped up for sale on the local classifieds
My car buddy just lived a couple blocks away from the seller so got him to pick it up for me
They are about an hour away so have not managed to pick it up yet

The seller has a 69 sun roof Charger
Hope to swing by the sellers house when I am up there just to have a look :)

DoubleDlover

Its funny. The place repop these now wont return my messages.... LOLOLOLOL  Why do people do stuff like that????

Mopar Nut

Have you tried Glen-ray Radiators, Bob said they were going to start repoping them.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

DoubleDlover

Yes thats the place. Now they wont return messages. I thought they were a respectable Co.... Guess i was worng....

Mopar Nut

Did you email or call? Emailing is best. Bob did tell me they will be busy around these holidays.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

70 sublime

How much do they sell the reproduction ones for ?

I picked up mine yesterdayrad 1.1 28 12 2023.jpg

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Mopar Nut on December 24, 2023, 05:15:42 AMHave you tried Glen-ray Radiators, Bob said they were going to start repoping them.

Bob/Glen Ray said he was considering it, this was over a year ago IIRC, if he's outsourcing these it could take awhile, plus with several variations/applications he may be waiting until he has a full offering to cover the various applications before releasing them?....and if his previous tooling/supplier is gone?, it'll take some time to R&D....big investment for a small return/market

MikeG